Non-Res.Class A Renewal Grace period?

MRJ

I didn't get my renewal application in until a month before expiration. Does Ma. allow carry on an expired LTC.

No. I wouldn't even think about it...Keep them in the safe until it's straightened out.

IF - again, IF - the application was filed prior to the expiration date of the current license, you have a 90-day grace period. I'd carry a copy of the filed renewal, just to keep everyone happy.

NO, the grace period was ONLY put into that section of MGL that covers RESIDENT LTC. Thus, the reading by CHSB/FRB/EOPS is that if the legislature had meant for NRs to have that privilege, they would have added it to both sections of MGL.

Source of info: Chief Ron Glidden, Chmn of GCAB when requested this info many months ago.

Good catch, Len.

I read the text, but missed the NR part in the header.

As for the renewal, another example of, "You snooze; you lose." I tell my clients to get the app in no less than two months prior to expiration.

On a slightly-related note... has GOAL or anyone else ever bothered
to try to get the license duration on nonresi permits
extended? A year just plain sucks. Even if it were 2 years instead of
one, that would be a huge improvement. I'd take a guess that the support
to do it just isnt there, or theres some revenue arguement to it.

-Mike

You snooze, you lose?

You snooze, you lose? Here's how it went down. I call 2 1/2 months ahead of expiration date for the official out of state renewal form - not offered on the internet. Wait two to three weeks for the application. Upon filling out the exact information they received 13 months ago, on my original application - I realized, I had mistakenly sent them my original court document from a meaningless court appearance 20 years ago in Framingham, ma. I called them to ask if they could check their file for the document. The reply, " No...get another one." So, I go through that process again. Download application for criminal review history board (you can't do it online in this godforsaken state.) Fill it out, notarize it. Get money order. Mail it overnight. Wait 2 1/2 weeks for the document. Get criminal history check from Pa. (5 minutes online) for more $$$. Mail the whole thing to some stinkhole in chelsea, where it sits in a pile, while these high-school drop outs and political appointees stare at their navels and take three f****** months to process a license that's only good for 12. I went throught the investigative process for the NYPD and it was easier. The sad thing is, everyone in this state just accepts how F***** up it is. So your kids can't play tag at recess, and drunk driving, murderers (Kennedy) get reelected ad nauseam . I wonder what the response would be if everyone took three months to pay their taxes?

Last edited:
last time I applied for my LTC couldn't apply till 30 days before expiration and no 90 day grace period at that time 2002

NONSENSE. There is NO such prohibition and the renewal forms the state (supposedly) sent out 90 days prior to expiration directed the licensee to file the renewal "immediately."

What town was jerking your chain and why did you let it?

Back
Top Bottom