• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NON MASS COMPLIANT GUN sale QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering if anyone knows if it would be legal for a gun shop to sell a police officer a non mass compliant hand gun then to sell it to me ?

Last edited:
i was wondering if anyone knows if it would be legal for a gun shop to sell a police officer a non mass compliant hand gun then to sell it to me ?

So you are saying on an internet forum that you want a police officer to buy a gun the is non mass compliant to us regular folks and then have him sell it to you???

sorry i should have proof read it but i was typing fast as my boss was on his way over..
i meant to say if a officer purchases a gun that is not on the list and decided that he does not want it for what ever reason would it be legal for him to sell it to me and would it be legal for me to have i am not saying that it is a planed thing

No.
and you sound and look like a troll.

sorry if you're not, just my opinion.

Read the case referenced above.

If it even smells like a "straw purchase" (and it does to me) then you both could be looking at an invitation you can't refuse to a federal courtroom and perhaps an all expense paid vacation to Club Fed.

Beyond that, legally no LEO can purchase any gun not on the EOPS List! Not even for his own use.

Anyone with a LTC who owns any gun can sell said gun to anyone else with a LTC, assuming both are MA residents and no AWB issues are involved.

i am not saying that it is a planed thing

Sure....

It's legal to buy a non-compliant gun in a face to face transaction with a cop or anyone else assuming that all other laws are followed. With that said, the bar for what the feds consider is a "straw purchase" is evidently very low and from what you posted it sounds like you're pole-vaulting right over it. Red flags all over the place here.

not a troll not a straw purchase just a question it is not legal i got my answer and i know that i can not own it so all good thanks for the quick help and judgement

It is a straw if you're having someone purchase you a gun from an FFL with the intent of selling it to you.

There are a ton of ways to easily (and legally, at least on your part) to buy a noncompliant handgun in MA. This isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom