• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non electric bottom pour furnace

what are you smelting? Depending on what you are doing, cupola/ette would work. Reverbs are close second. No one makes those in US though [sad2]

It would be to cast bullets with. I am looking into an off grid home where electricity is going to be limited and I am looking at nonelectric options for my hobbies.

Check out castboolits.com tons of smelting casting set ups. I have a old timer friend who cast all his roundball the old fashion way. Old cast laddle by the fire.

Check out castboolits.com tons of smelting casting set ups. I have a old timer friend who cast all his roundball the old fashion way. Old cast laddle by the fire.

This is your best bet. I have read a couple of threads with members piping up about smelting over open pit
wood fires. You can use a dutch oven or any suitable vessel. You need to be a bit more careful with what
you are putting in the pot. Too hot and a little zinc will ruin your day (and melt). If you have a thermometer
that would help.

A Really long time ago RCBS used to sell a bottom pour pot that was fired using a propane torch.

7e9ccebc3eea6fe4ef92674acc8ffec0.jpg

They show up in auctions every so often but, its rare.

You can make your own easy enough of you got an old Lyman 61 / Saeco 24 with a bad element and stripped off the electric and outer sheet metal. You could probably come up with a better more efficient way to heat it as well.

A Really long time ago RCBS used to sell a bottom pour pot that was fired using a propane torch.

You can make your own easy enough of you got an old Lyman 61 / Saeco 24 with a bad element and stripped off the electric and outer sheet metal. You could probably come up with a better more efficient way to heat it as well.

THank you. That is what I am looking for.

I have something simular, only its a table top shot maker.

Back
Top Bottom