1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Non-Cruiser motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by garandman, Oct 25, 2010.

1. heron163

heron163

calm the fuk down there Axel... who makes that rear wheel stand by the way/

2. Aaron[MA]

Aaron[MA] NES Member

Has the color of my Pitbull rear stands..

3. Minuteman Armament

Minuteman Armament Dealer NES Member

Rode Cadwell Park in England and Anglesey in Wales. Great tracks if anyone makes the trip over.

D7BC740A-DF68-46BB-9BF2-B1AE5828F528.jpeg A3180C34-9AB1-44CD-936D-670EA32F040B.jpeg CD176A0C-E9FA-46B5-8904-392A5213F8AA.jpeg

Aaron[MA], Evadd, KBCraig and 2 others like this.
  4. jasonj84

jasonj84 Dealer NES Member

Random shot from my last Maine ride.

IMG_8687.JPG

loki32687 and Evadd like this.
  5. dingbat

dingbat NES Member

6. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

We had a family day out today (in the minivan, nothing exciting), and as we fueled up at our local Northern NH Jiffy Mart, the lot was full of Triumphs with Quebec plates.

I really need to work on my Quebecois French. Twenty minutes later we were pulled over at the site of the Randolph 7 crash, and a car driver from Quebec pulled over to ask what happened. His English was better than my French, but I wish I could have explained it better. He said that he has also been riding motorcycles "since 15 years", but as he has gotten older he appreciates more how dangerous "this sport" is.

All along Rt. 2 you will see clusters of 7 flags in memoriam. Right there at the actual crash site, there are 7 Canadian flags and 7 Quebec flags.

Downed riders know no borders.

7. Stape

Stape

Always liked Johnny Rea ripping up that hill for some air.

pupchow likes this.
  8. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Finally got some track days in. TTD ran Palmer in the clockwise direction. I'd only run it counter clockwise, and had a lot of trouble unlearning visual cues. Demoted myself to the slowest group. It turned out that group was only about two thirds full, so I stayed there and had open track for two days.

I bought a GSX-R750 because when I had my SV650 I noticed that sometimes 600's would struggle to get past me, and sometimes 1,000's, but the guys on the 750's would buzz past me any old time they pleased. With aftermarket cartridges and rear shock, it's an astonishingly good bike on the track. Still the same deal: I can hang in with 1K's on the straights, 600's in the turns.
    [​IMG]

Just ordered an AIM Solo 2 lap timer. Pretty cool, shows a lot more than lap times and saves the data, downloadable by BlueTooth. Should be able to synchronize it with my camera, and will help me a lot.

Got a new helmet this season, a Bell Race Star, as the Arai I have wasn't designed for sport bike use. Still doing more exercises on my knees as I need a little more flexion to ride it hard.
    [​IMG]

Also ordered some DP HH+ pads for the front, they're supposed to be great.

Bought a 2006 Sprinter 118 in March and been fixing it up to use as a moto hauler. Want to hit the Southeast later in the Fall, when the weather can be dicey riding home. And hit the Rockies and California. Still adding / positioning L track and have the paneling to install, but this was the first pass.
    [​IMG]

Aaron[MA] and NH_Realtor like this.