• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No US Military 1911 Transfer to Massachusetts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A seller from out of state wants to sell me his CMP Remington Rand 1911. I have been told that I can't legally buy it/bring it into this state. The reason is that it is not on the approved list (And Maura has a thing against the CMP). I was also told it would that it might be possible but it would take an huge amount of paperwork. I really want this gun but the seller won't wait for long. Anyone have any other insight or quick solution?

Start calling your local FFLs and ask them if they'll accept that firearm for transfer to you. The mass list of approved firearms, (as I understand it), applies only to SALES of firearms within the state. The sale isn't taking place within the state, the FFL isn't selling it to you. I don't think that list applies. But - you're going to have to find an FFL that'll do the transaction.

Go back, edit your post, give a location and perhaps someone in your area who knows an FFL that is likely to do this tranfer will PM you with the FFL's name/address.

It's pre-ban, way pre-ban, the roster doesn't matter. I have ffl's transfer gen 2 glocks, and other pre-ban firearms into the state all the time, they are also transferring it, not selling it so there's a gray area on that too, you just have to find the right FFL.

I'm no help, but good luck!

It's pre-ban, way pre-ban, the roster doesn't matter. I have ffl's transfer gen 2 glocks, and other pre-ban firearms into the state all the time, they are also transferring it, not selling it so there's a gray area on that too, you just have to find the right FFL.

Lol, but no, that's not actually how that works. Legally, Off list has to be paper doced in MA before the cutoff. A "loose" gun will have to be framed out to get imported. Period end, full stop.

The other way he could do this is if he had a C&R he could have it sent directly to him. I assume most of those old guns qualify.

Closing this before it turns into a shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom