• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No Space Bar functionality?

When I do a quick reply, reply, or reply to a message, the space bar doesn't function until I enter to go to a new line.

This just started recently and over multiple computers, chrome browser.

Any one else seeing this?

I have the same issue while using Chrome on posts when I quote text. If I quote text, I find the space bar works if I append my response right after the closing "]", but not if I enter a new line after the bracket. I can compose the text with spaces, then go back and add the new line.

This is a [STRIKE=]bug[/STRIKE] feature with the latest update of Chrome... trying to figure out if there's anything I can do to fix it on our side.

Last edited:
When I do a quick reply, reply, or reply to a message, the space bar doesn't function until I enter to go to a new line.

This just started recently and over multiple computers, chrome browser.

Any one else seeing this?

There is a known bug between the recent chrome update and vbulletin. Advanced edit is the workaround. (or use a different browser). It's not platform
dependent either, same issue on both PC and Mac chrome builds.

-Mike

Yep. As you can see, this is working just fine.

if you reply above the quote it will work

There is a known bug between the recent chrome update and vbulletin. Advanced edit is the workaround. (or use a different browser). It's not platform

-Mike

MaybeIshouldn'tbebutIamusingOperaanditclearlyisnotworking.

Or below if you start your comment immediately after the "]" with no preceding carriage return.

That seems to fix it, lmao. So now we are going to have people with foreign chars in replys.... once you put in at least one character after the ], it breaks the curse. [laugh]

-Mike

Working just fine for me on MacOS 10.12.1 and Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit).

I'm typing and spacing just fine without going into advanced edit.

Working just fine for me on MacOS 10.12.1 and Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit).

I'm typing and spacing just fine without going into advanced edit.

Same version here on Mac OS 10.11.6 and still broken.

ETA: Still broken on Win10 Enterprise too with same version. .

-Mike

Same version here on Mac OS 10.11.6 and still broken.

ETA: Still broken on Win10 Enterprise too with same version. .

-Mike
Having the issue on Windows 7 and whatever MacOS the work laptop is on (Not the latest and greatest). Win7 is running the 2840.71 build of chrome.

Brave is a new bowser that filters out ads, and does a very good job of fooling the web site that give a message "we see you are using an ad blocker, please stop if you want to see this site" when using software like AdblockPlus on Chrome.

happens to me. I'm using chrome. It's only when I reply to a pm or a thread on the forum. It only happens if I reply underneath the text, If I go above the old text the space bar works.

happens to me. I'm using chrome. It's only when I reply to a pm or a thread on the forum. It only happens if I reply underneath the text, If I go above the old text the space bar works.

So it's a conspiracy of the top-posters?

Who else remembers the massive USENET and LISTSERV wars over that?

Its been on and off for me, not sure why. I have been typing my reply's then going back to add the spaces. [crying]

We're working on a solution on our side, but it's a lot more work than expected. It'll be worth it though!

Its been on and off for me, not sure why. I have been typing my reply's then going back to add the spaces. [crying]

Type a character, then enter down a line or two, and type regularly. That seems to usually work for me. Or typing above the quote instead of below it. But yep, it's on and off for me also.

Back
Top Bottom