• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No serial number transfer

A neighbor of mine has a old '60's Remington 511-P that he wishes to transfer to me. I went over this thing from stem to stern, including removing the bolt and stock. No identifying numbers whatsoever. How does one transfer this thing?

Last edited:
Fill out the FA-10, and leave the serial number portion blank. Plenty of guns were made before the Gun Control Act of 1968 that don't have serial numbers, it's no big deal.

I've done it a few times on old .22 rifles. No big deal. I've always put NONE in the serial number section rather than nothing, so it was obvious I hadn't just forgotten to fill it in.

I've done it a few times on old .22 rifles. No big deal. I've always put NONE in the serial number section rather than nothing, so it was obvious I hadn't just forgotten to fill it in.

knowing the stupidity of bureaucracy in this state, I bet you now have some rifles with the same serial number hahaha

knowing the stupidity of bureaucracy in this state, I bet you now have some rifles with the same serial number hahaha

No doubt. But the hope is that if those records ever got pulled up by LE or DA for any reason, they'd have enough sense to understand what it meant. I know, I know, I'm asking a lot.

Back
Top Bottom