No Ragrets! The ‘out yourself’ panic buy 2020/2021 picture/self shaming thread

I have been sinking money into projects that I get zero return on. Like a shot out mix bag of parts Russian Capture Mauser 98k, getting a new barrel and eventually a new stock.
Along with some other stuff. Mostly some scopes and mounts for my failing target shooting eyes

I get all that @76Too and agree. Sometimes we can get ourselves in a rut and really it could be worse. Plenty of time later to be grouchy old codgers on the porch at the club :)

My Dad said all the time "when I got out of the service you could buy a Luger for $25!". As a kid I thought then why don't we buy one now? We can't go back.

I spent about $600 over MSRP for an H&K SP5 :oops: I realize some people spent $4-5k, but I wasn’t paying more than $3500.

I didn’t want to wait around for a good price, only to see them banned before I got a chance. I also figured that if Biden won, they would become increasingly hard to get. I didn’t even think that the Senate would actually flip too.

No ragrets here.

The only panic buying I did was last winter with TP, hand sanitizer and Lysol. I saw the virus coming and beat the crowds. I still have a good stock pile and it's not like I'm going to have to stop wiping my arse.

i’m gonna need some photos of this stockpile to make sure you’re within guidelines set by the gestapo.

i bought a left side pillar trim piece for my truck and paid full boat msrp...well maybe not, they give it to me wholesale. it may be the last new oem piece in north america...maybe the planet...and i have it. i had to drive an hour and a half to retrieve it. and a guy i was talking to in florida may have located another. lets hope!

i bought a left side pillar trim piece for my truck and paid full boat msrp...well maybe not, they give it to me wholesale. it may be the last new oem piece in north america...maybe the planet...and i have it. i had to drive an hour and a half to retrieve it. and a guy i was talking to in florida may have located another. lets hope!
And people wonder why there’s an ammo shortage. Production of literally EVERYTHING ceased at some point this past year. It’s going to take a few years to iron out the ripple effect on supply chains/shortages in basically every industry...IF nothing else goes wrong.

I had money saved up to buy a really nice high quality pistol. Planned to put a nice light on it to boot. Then life happened (my dog) spent most of that money.
So I took what was left and I purchased two
T t t t t t t Taurus GC3 pistols. Hold on a sec need to rinse my mouth. Okay all better.
Wanted something That would allow my wife and I to both have a pistol that could share mags ammo etc. these fit the budget and the need.
In the end there serviceable. Put some rounds thru each without issues.

@76Too , I panicked and paid covid prices to stock up on hookers and blow. You would expect no less from me. Good thing I stocked up- a few of the hookers quit and filed for worker's comp...

tenor.gif

On a serious note, no panic buys on my part. Picked up and extra K31 for a reasonable price (it's in classifieds now) and stumbled across a cheap Swedish Mauser that looks a bit rough but shoots great (reason the K31 is available). I already had a receiver and Hungarian AK kit to complete, so that kept me busy too. Bought a couple cases of .308 match ammo at the same price it's been for the last 2-3 years. I've picked up other ammo and components when able to do so for normal prices, but not in the last month or so.

I did burn through a lot of powder and components to load up for a winter match series and start getting ready to load up for 2021 CMP matches. Good thing I bought some Varget from one of my favorite Crayola crunchers- I'm getting to the bottom of the 8 lbs of Varget that I had despite using a couple lbs of 2520 to load .308.

I had money saved up to buy a really nice high quality pistol. Planned to put a nice light on it to boot. Then life happened (my dog) spent most of that money.
So I took what was left and I purchased two
T t t t t t t Taurus GC3 pistols. Hold on a sec need to rinse my mouth. Okay all better.
Wanted something That would allow my wife and I to both have a pistol that could share mags ammo etc. these fit the budget and the need.
In the end there serviceable. Put some rounds thru each without issues.

I don't know if I should use a sad emoji for your dog or a laughing emoji for the Tauruses. Tauri? Tauruseses?

Got hacked for a 50 rd. box of Herter’s 10mm for around $27 at Bass Pro a couple months ago. Now I can’t find any more 10mm so I’m kind of wishing they had 10 boxes. “Some ragrets!”
huh. i cleared all MFS stock of 6.5CM at $16 per box of 20rds - and VERY happy about it now.
a regrets - hmm, a stock of various ghost glock connectors. most of them are crap.

Last edited:
Question do y'all kick yourself when gasoline goes up to $3.00 per gallon? Do you ragret not buying more back when it $2-2.25 a gallon? Why would you not feel the same when it comes to ammo.

Prices go up, prices go down. On everything. Buy what you need when you can afford it. Enjoy this hobby, it isn't a job (for most). Focus on the enjoyment you get instead of the cost out of your wallet.
Shame this man....

I don't know if I should use a sad emoji for your dog or a laughing emoji for the Tauruses. Tauri? Tauruseses?
I understand. I loved and still love that dog and will forever miss her.
However with that said life goes on. The T words, well it’s almost a guilty pleasure. Like you know you shouldn’t do something but do anyway and the thrill you get from that but it also brings shame. That’s what it’s like. There pretty good. Fits my hand good. Pretty decent trigger (better then an M&P) and cheap as well. So just go with a sad face, sad for the dog disappointment on the Taurus. Fits both nicely.

My indulgence this year was a CZ-75 Tactical Sport Orange. Expensive... yes. Worth it... definitely.

I also bought a Sig P6 225 just because I wanted to add it to the Sig collection.

Hmm, no regrets. I've wanted a Glock 17MOS Gen 4 for a while and the confluence of money, availability and the Dem ban hammer potentially coming down the pike had me "pull the trigger". Yes, I paid stupid MA Glock prices for a brand new, never fired Gen 4, then spent more on titanium pins, guide rod, trigger, supressor sights, Trijicon RMR, etc "Guccifying" it, but I paid cash and I'd rather have it and pay a little more than wait for bargain pricing and potentially never get it, especially given we seem on the cusp of whatever...

IMG_1549.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg

I see they got your cc as well those damn hackers
They grabbed them right off the porch after having them shipped to your house too, didn’t they? Those sons of bitches fraudulently used credit cards and then shipped them to your house to avoid credit card fraud detection algorithms.

I've also been victim to the hackers on the 80% stuff lol

I also picked up a real Glock G19 Gen 5 MOS, brand new for a little over retail, and a couple extra pre-ban square notch mags. My only other factory G19 is a gen 2 so I wanted to make sure I have a fresh one and some good mags to hold onto. Long guns I'm already doubled and tripled up on most anything I would want, I might snag a few more AR/AK mags just to have a few extra for training use. Other than that, it's been just ammo and primers lol

Question do y'all kick yourself when gasoline goes up to $3.00 per gallon? Do you ragret not buying more back when it $2-2.25 a gallon? Why would you not feel the same when it comes to ammo.

Prices go up, prices go down. On everything. Buy what you need when you can afford it. Enjoy this hobby, it isn't a job (for most). Focus on the enjoyment you get instead of the cost out of your wallet.
Kind of hard to stock up on gasoline eh?

Spoken like a guy that

1. Maybe doesn't shoot alot
2. Got caught without a stockpile and is currently paying crazy money for ammo.

They grabbed them right off the porch after having them shipped to your house too, didn’t they? Those sons of bitches fraudulently used credit cards and then shipped them to your house to avoid credit card fraud detection algorithms.
Bastards all of them

Back
Top Bottom