No Ragrets! The ‘out yourself’ panic buy 2020/2021 picture/self shaming thread

76Too

NES Member
1610593628739.gif

Let’s see ‘em...DUMP ‘EM OUT!

...your shameful panic buys. Overpriced pistols/rifles/shotguns/magazines/NFA items/parts kits/accessories/Jesus f***, I almost forgot AMMO!!!

...me?

oh, I just f***ed up real bad...

It wouldn’t have even happened if I hadn’t bought a suppressor last week for my AK’s (only bragging a little to make myself feel a little better).

I just agreed to pay nearly double the 2019 NEW price for a (slightly) USED Zastava M92 Pap. I couldn’t NOT, somehow, yet I remember just last spring actually SAYING OUT LOUD to my local gun store clerk that I would never EVER buy a 7.62x39 pistol...’who the hell would even WANT one of those?’ ‘They must be miserable to shoot!’

well f***...

F67FFDE4-B139-48ED-847D-BF0AD8F4C07B.png

I’ll hate myself later, I promise.

Last edited:
Only thing I've been hording is my stimulus checks.

Not sure what to buy. But someday I'll see something that'll shift me from my miserly ways.
It was almost a ppk in .32acp last week, however for the money the parts weren't matching.

Got hacked for a 50 rd. box of Herter’s 10mm for around $27 at Bass Pro a couple months ago. Now I can’t find any more 10mm so I’m kind of wishing they had 10 boxes. “Some ragrets!”

Paid retail for a used PC Carbine. It I gotta admit, not even ashamed. I’ve been looking for one since March. They would pop up in classified and I had just bought something else or it was gone before I could scoop it up.

Last edited:
Paid retail for a used PC Carbine. It I gotta admit, not even ashamed. I’ve been looking for one since March. They would pop up in classified and I had just bought something else or it was gone before I could scoop it up.
Keep thinking about unloading mine, really don't like the trigger, but it's such a nice gun other than that.

Keep thinking about unloading mine, really don't like the trigger, but it's such a nice gun other than that.

Wha... what? The trigger is really nice from the factory. Smooth, short, and a short reset. Well the shoe sucks, but that’s why I ordered a Tandem Kross flat faced

Wha... what? The trigger is really nice from the factory. Smooth, short, and a short reset. Well the shoe sucks, but that’s why I ordered a Tandem Kross flat faced
We must be talking about different guns.

Mine feels squishy, like the plastic is bending under the pressure until it finally gives. The trigger pull lasts forever, I hate it.

Yup...you’ll be even more happy with your decision in a couple weeks from now when they’re selling for DOUBLE what you paid.

I’ve only been ‘buying’ guns (thanks Uncle Sam) since 2013 and one thing I’ve noticed is the prices/values never seem to go ‘down’...back to ‘normal’ for a little while, maybe...but then right back or higher than they ever were in a matter of days sometimes

Pallets of Biden and Warren lawn signs.

684d230d6e14e097773ebb502dfbdf68d9aa1bcd6ddb40a9c2953652fc8671c3_1.jpg

The last ammo I bought was in August, a case of 9mm for $299.99 + tax. Thought it was a little pricey, figured I'd hold it a while and sell it for $400 or so. Waited a little longer, used it as "value" towards a bigger m/c trailer. The trailer was $1200 + tax new, listed for $1000, paid $400 cash plus the case of 9mm. No ragrets OR regerts here!

Oh, and sold the "old" trailer for the same $400 I paid for it, after driving it 1290 miles.

So all-in-all I'm pretty happy and completely ragret-free!

I bought a new lower for maybe double what it would have been last year.
It's because I discovered the Wolf A1 upper and really wanted to do a build. I should have bought a half dozen stripped lowers when
they were cheap.

I'm just here to look 🤣

The last gun I bought was a year ago and only because it was a mis marked used new model A5 that I couldn't pass up. Before that was my retirement 1911 in oct of 2018. I don't buy and sell like some.gun owners I'm quite happy with what I have.

Ammo....bought some bullets primers and powder last spring to keep the stockpile up. I'm good but a little low on small pistol primers but I have enough for about 6 months of range time large pistol I'm good for a year with what I can make on the Lee turret. Only thing i am getting heart palpitations over is my small game and bird hunting stock......down to 15 boxes of remy high brass......started the season with 30. 😳 the family goes through some shells during the season lol. Concerned about next fall hunting not this season....if things don't come back to normal I may be laying out crazy money for some hunting shotshells........but that's not till next fall. I'll take note of this concern and be sure to add even more game loads to the stockpile when this is over......like 4 seasons worth instead of 2.

Last edited:
I pretty much stopped looking/shopping for anything firearms-related by late-summer. I was essentially priced out. [thinking] Nothing I wanted was in stock anywhere anyway. Crazy times.

But in December... after it looked like the Dims were going to get away with their fraudulent election... I found a decent price on a Maverick 88 security-type shotgun and I ordered one. In fact, I ended up buying two of them in different configurations.

Turns out that while they were both at good prices under current circumstances, they were both above MSRP and well above what they would have been before COVID and the stolen election.

Only thing i am getting heart palpitations over is my small game and bird hunting stock......down to 15 boxes of remy high brass......started the season with 30. 😳 the family goes through some shells during the season lol. Concerned about next fall hunting not this season....if things don't come back to normal I may be laying out crazy money for some hunting shotshells........but that's not till next fall. I'll take note of this concern and be sure to add even more game loads to the stockpile when this is over......like 4 seasons worth instead of 2.
if I had to guess, I’d say your hunting loads will be the first thing to ‘come back’...after all, it’s uncle Joe’s favorite, and only ‘approved’ platform for home defense. Bird loads are PLENTY out here in Indiana at Cabelas...I mean shelves and shelves of it...not sure if it’d be what you’re looking for, but if things are still bad back there in the spring, shoot me an email and I can purchase some here and bring it back there for you when I come to visit family (if that’s not illegal by then).

My regert is that I didn't buy more 6.5CM ammo early in the year.

I sold a bunch of stuff last year and that freed up money to buy things at good deals. There were plenty of good deals if you were patient... luckily I wasn't in a hurry and could be picky.
Mostly, I took advantage of people wanting semi auto handguns and I was looking for bolt action rifles.

if I had to guess, I’d say your hunting loads will be the first thing to ‘come back’...after all, it’s uncle Joe’s favorite, and only ‘approved’ platform for home defense. Bird loads are PLENTY out here in Indiana at Cabelas...I mean shelves and shelves of it...not sure if it’d be what you’re looking for, but if things are still bad back there in the spring, shoot me an email and I can purchase some here and bring it back there for you when I come to visit family (if that’s not illegal by then).
Yeah even hunting bird shot is thin on the shelves here in mass. I always prided myself on having a good Blackstock of hunting loads.....would have already replenished the stock by now but its hard to find. Like I said I'm good for the season ans the start of next season......just shocked me to see the shelves in the basement start to get a little bare.

Eh, I'm just buying ammo and parts. I'm betting heavy on x39. Also keeping a very close eye on my moonbat neighbors 👀

It's hard to regret anything when prices keep on going up when you think they've finally hit the wall. I thought I regretted buying 9mm several months ago for 35 cents per, but now I'm kicking myself for not doubling down back then.

I bought a PTR 91 the day after Christmas for over retail. I wanted one, don’t often see them, and I panicked and impulse messaged to claim it.

It can’t have been too overpriced as someone already said they’d take it off my hands. It did pop my Mill cherry, so that was fun. But now I’m scrambling to add ammo to the safe as I only had 100 rds. of .308 hidden away for my eventual move in to the caliber. Thank goodness I have items of value to trade! NES to the rescue!

Edit- forgot the photo but I’m sure many of you have already seen it. It’s at least the “free-float”, heavy barrel version. So less rapey priced.
241A409E-865A-4EFA-80A1-D862EFD8584E.jpeg

Question do y'all kick yourself when gasoline goes up to $3.00 per gallon? Do you ragret not buying more back when it $2-2.25 a gallon? Why would you not feel the same when it comes to ammo.

Prices go up, prices go down. On everything. Buy what you need when you can afford it. Enjoy this hobby, it isn't a job (for most). Focus on the enjoyment you get instead of the cost out of your wallet.

I had my SIL pick up a pre-ban Colt (or anything, but the Colt was of decent price) AR before leaving Mo-Zurri. I think this was October. $1400. Not terrible. Worth double that here. No, he is not selling it. LOL. He wanted to buy 6-7 guns before leaving but all were easily obtainable in mASS and the prices there are almost as bad as here at this point.

Question do y'all kick yourself when gasoline goes up to $3.00 per gallon? Do you ragret not buying more back when it $2-2.25 a gallon? Why would you not feel the same when it comes to ammo.

Prices go up, prices go down. On everything. Buy what you need when you can afford it. Enjoy this hobby, it isn't a job (for most). Focus on the enjoyment you get instead of the cost out of your wallet.

i get it Ray...but your opinion doesn’t count 🤣

you personally have almost every standard drool worthy platform any NES’s has ever dreamed of owning (you showed me a sample a few years back when I picked up that karma’d Harley belt/clutch cable set from you).

Just a fun thread to break up the doom and gloom. I don’t regret shelling out the dough for the M92 because I know I would regret NOT buying it in 6 months if they’re no longer available to the public. I think it’s going to be a LOT of fun to shoot with my PBS-1 Wolverine from Dead Air!

WITH the extras (brace/compensator/spring kit) and possibility of people having to pay for tax stamps after 1/20, I didn’t do TOO bad on it at just under $1100 shipped/transferred.

I’m not really sure what you mean by that? You think x39 is going to ‘come back quicker’ than the rest? You’re HOLDING a bunch of x39? You own a lot of guns that SHOOT x39?

my apologies in advance...my reading comprehension is shit.
LOL I meant that in a few ways:
-x39 is an excellent alternative to 223 and half the price
-yes I own multiple x39 guns
-russian imports may not be around forever

IF there's a "comeback", I bet that russian ammo will come back quicker than american made.

Back
Top Bottom