• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No Ragrets! The ‘out yourself’ panic buy 2020/2021 picture/self shaming thread

These Ebay guys never fail to amaze me. The last 30 minutes saw a jump of $200 to get to that final price...they were really locked in a battle royale.
i am lost. crazy stuff.
but, from other perspective - it is only money, i guess it gave the winner a sense of an unprecedented satisfaction.
i saw some auctions for 6.5CM that were getting up to $6pr. also crazy, but, this is stupid crazy at whole other level.

then i guess this $945 slide will be mounted on top of a $450 P80 frame. a total success. :)

These Ebay guys never fail to amaze me. The last 30 minutes saw a jump of $200 to get to that final price...they were really locked in a battle royale.

Of course what sucks now is you can't see the bidders anymore, or at least not the whole username (presumably some anti scam thing or something) but a lot of
these types of auctions are shill jobs. Watch that seller and see if the item reappears in a day or two....

i am lost. crazy stuff.
but, from other perspective - it is only money, i guess it gave the winner a sense of an unprecedented satisfaction.
i saw some auctions for 6.5CM that were getting up to $6pr. also crazy, but, this is stupid crazy at whole other level.

It gives the seller an even better sense of satisfaction when he/she just fluffed up the market price for their product, so when they actually go to sell it, bidding magically becomes more
competitive.... they get an idea where legit bidders will stop bidding from the data gleaned in a shilling exercise. Say an auction with a shill in it goes to 875 bucks, now the seller knows that the real threshold of pain is slightly below that. A lot of times they will just engineer the shill to crap out on the auction, and then they will send a 2nd chance offer at say, something like $850 or similar.

If you ever get a 2nd chance offer there's a fairly high probability that you were actually competing with a shill. So hopefully you only established your personal max and didnt go any further than that....

It gives the seller an even better sense of satisfaction when he/she just fluffed up the market price for their product, so when they actually go to sell it, bidding magically becomes more
competitive.... they get an idea where legit bidders will stop bidding from the data gleaned in a shilling exercise. Say an auction with a shill in it goes to 875 bucks, now the seller knows that the real threshold of pain is slightly below that. A lot of times they will just engineer the shill to crap out on the auction, and then they will send a 2nd chance offer at say, something like $850 or similar.

If you ever get a 2nd chance offer there's a fair amount that you were competing with a shill. So hopefully you only established your personal max and didnt go any further than
that....
I clocked out around $410, but the slide bare estimated at $200, parts kit $200, and barrel at $175 would have set my max around $575, add $20 with the fiber optic sights. Other slides have gone up to $750 on Fleabay so I knew this one was going to skyrocket and I decided to go a different route and let the battle rage on.

If you ever get a 2nd chance offer there's a fairly high probability that you were actually competing with a shill. So hopefully you only established your personal max and didnt go any further than that....
totally possible, but, dunno. blue and purple star ppl were real for sure. $825? to me it is equally retarded with $930. i think the $825 was a real bid.
12 with yellow star - dunno, it is now a hassle to make such accounts. the 2***1 account may had been fake, but, not sure.

1611091044695.png

totally possible, but, dunno. blue and purple star ppl were real for sure. $825? to me it is equally retarded with $930. i think the $825 was a real bid.
12 with yellow star - dunno, it is now a hassle to make such accounts. the 2***1 account may had been fake, but, not sure.

View attachment 438226
I was going to post this too and go into detective mode. It seems the bidding goes full tilt around 5***0’s bump from $725 to 760, I think he was the an account affiliated with the seller.

I was going to post this too and go into detective mode. It seems the bidding goes full tilt around 5***0’s bump from $725 to 760, I think he was the an account affiliated with the seller.

Yup, no way to find out but I bet 2***0 will get a 2nd chance offer after 5***0 craps out on the auction. I think the seller can cancel the transaction with the winner winner has to
accept the cancel (but thats easy for a shill) not sure if the seller can then still offer the next highest bidder a second chance offer or not at that point.

I bought a Gen3 G19 frame on the 6th, pre-storming. Now both sellers I thought I could get the slide from are no-dice and I’m seeing $900 eBay ass-rape in this thread.

So I guess that’s my ragret.

My son emailed about Midway having 1200 round cases of IMI M193 at 57 cents a round. I thanked him, and mentioned I have...a bit...that I paid 25 cents a round for...that night I watched gun channels on youtube...and next thing I knew, bought a case of that IMI...

I probably overpaid for my German HK45C, but it was in immaculate condition and I was pissed I got rid of my previous 45C. So, no regrets!

Back
Top Bottom