• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No one needs high capacity magazines...

Victim allegedly sexually assaulted during home invasion
hy032814comp_zps90098299.jpg
HYANNIS
- Barnstable Police report that on Friday at approximately 2:10 a.m. they responded to a report of an armed home invasion at 2 Keating Road in Hyannis.

During this incident, three masked suspects forced entry into the residence by breaking in through a locked basement door. The suspects then climbed a flight of stairs and entered the first-floor living area where they encountered the male homeowner and two female guests.

The suspects were armed and immediately attacked the three victims by violently beating them with baseball bats. While attacking the occupants, the suspects demanded cash from the victims. The suspects took property from each of the victims. A female occupant was sexually assaulted during the home invasion. In the midst of the robbery, the male homeowner was able to escape from the residence and run to a neighbor’s house for help.

Barnstable patrol officers, detectives, and Sheriff’s Department crime scene technicians quickly initiated an intensive investigation and search of the area. Justin Garber, 20, of Hyannis (left) and Steven Roderick, 34, of Hyannis (right) were located a short distance from the crime scene. Based on forensic evidence recovered at the scene, Garber was immediately linked to the crime and was placed under arrest.

Roderick was arrested after his vehicle, which contained evidence of the crime, was discovered in the neighborhood where the home invasion occurred. The vehicle also contained evidence associated with several other recent violent and theft-related crimes that are currently under investigation by BPD Detectives.

Roderick and Garber are each being charged with three counts of Armed Home Invasion, three counts of masked armed robbery and one count of aggravated rape. The suspects were arraigned Friday afternoon in Barnstable District Court. Roderick was held on $200,000 bail and Garber was held on $100,000. The investigation continues and more arrests and charges are expected.
Media release and mugshots furnished by Barnstable Police

original link http://pro.wxtk-fm.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?id=2821&is_corp=1

Cape is getting worse and worse.

If rule of law is lost, this type of assault/robbery will go through the roof.

when i lived down south thugs like this usually met God via some old lady's shottie. I miss it down there.

Sounds like that homeowner had to make a HARD decision. Stay and try to fight and protect his family against three guys with bats, or leave them temporarily to get help.

Hi caps? You mean STANDARD capacity.

after thinking a little bit, this. I think a standard 12 gauge or a .44 revolver would have fared quite well against three sneaky bitches with bats.

Edit:
sorry, stupid MA mentality. Just got what you meant.

Last edited:
Holy sheet.
I just googled that address.
That's on the "good" side of town. Just seconds from the Kennedy compound.
We got a summer house a few streets over.
And here I am debating to take my gun on Summer vacay. damn.

Hi caps? You mean STANDARD capacity.

yeah yeah yeah

PaulR
Holy sheet.
And here I am debating to take my gun on Summer vacay. damn.​

I feel like the cops are all clustered around main street on friday night, the "good" side of town doesn't get that many patrols as far I've seen.

I thought Barnstable was the cesspool of the Cape?

"Barnstable" is a town comprised of a bunch of villages, Centerville, Cotuit, Hyannis, Marstons Mills, Osterville and West Barnstable. There isn't actually a "Barnstable" village. West Barnstable is all hoity toity. Most of Hyannis is pretty shitty. Actually anywhere off of route 28 in the upper cape can be shady. Parts of Falmouth and Mashpee aren't great either. Hyannis is by far the worst, but West Yarmouth and South Yarmouth has some bad sections as well. There was a drive-by last year in South Yarmouth.

Let's be honest though, none of these places can hold a candle to the burnt-out mill town shitholes on the mainland...

Chris

Hyannis is the flabby triceps of the cape.

I would be surprised if these scum bags did not know the victims. Drugs/money is what they were after.

We had a nasty double homicide in Falmouth (East Falmouth) where the vics were beaten to death with baseball bats and then dismembered in their home last year.

One of the victims was fixing to testify against some Russian drug types, so they sent a little message.

- - - Updated - - -

But since the Falmouth cops are "on the case", these guys are golden.

They couldn't even get the guy who shot a Falmouth cop right in the face with a shotgun, and EVERYONE knew who did it!

Our family's cape house in west Barnstable was broken into one day and no one knew till next time my parents rolled up to find the door kicked in. Now we have an alarm system and I always bring my EDC. My folks still think its foolish to do so... I'll never understand that.

Holy sheet.

Hope this makes the decision for you. I never go to Hy-anus unarmed.

Holy sheet.

Whats the debate? Do you take your cell phone with you?

I been listening to that cape channel 95.1fm. I get a sad chuckle when they run "come to the cape to live and play" type adds directly followed by "the heroine problem" announcements. Sadly there's not to many places free from the decay.

No. In a situation where the odds are overwhelmingly against you, having more guns or more bullets won't change the calculus.

If bad men come for you, you will be a victim and there is nothing you can do about it so just turn in your guns and accept your fate.

(tragically, I feel compelled to say) /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the debate? Do you take your cell phone with you?

Dude, you don't need a gun on vacation! /facepalm

Back
Top Bottom