• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No need to register shotguns?

I had the chance to pick up a few shotguns but there was no paperwork on them from the current owner... So I seen a LEO on the side of the road today and asked if I could get them into my name. He says

"they don't tell you but you dont need to register shotguns and I could buy them and posses them from the other person with no registration process needed"

Can anyone confirm this? He sounded like he knew what he was talking about...

The two worst sources for info on gun laws:
1) Gun stores
2) LEOs

In MA, all private transfers have to be FA10ed.

I had the chance to pick up a few shotguns but there was no paperwork on them from the current owner... So I seen a LEO on the side of the road today and asked if I could get them into my name. He says

"they don't tell you but you dont need to register shotguns and I could buy them and posses them from the other person with no registration process needed"

You should seriously examine how you obtained these...if the "seller" han an LTC/FID you need to fill out an FA-10 and both sign it...if the "seller" does not, you need to both go to an FFL

R U seriously?

R U seriously?

Regrettably this is not uncommon. It's totally wrong, but just shows the level of ignorance amongst LE!

One of the motivating reasons why I created the MA Gun Law seminar that I teach . . . try hard to debunk these bad pieces of advice folks get from all directions.

Back
Top Bottom