No need for long guns in Boston

They lit up one of their own while they were looking for Tsaernav.
Actually it was the Watertown PD which crippled and near fatally wounded the MBTA officer in the process of managing to shoot everything but speedbump & flashbang. Every WPD officer was forced to requalify after that fiasco and several desk jockies took multiple tries according to a reliable source of mine.

Is he talking about an officer walking a beat or a patrol car?

Patrol cars. BPD patrol cars do not have a long gun. Sergeants cars have a bean bag shotgun. Only the gun cars and SWAT team have long guns, last I heard.

The thing about this press is it that it advertises how vulnerable Boston is to a Mumbai or Paris style attack. The State Police would wind up doing the heavy lifting well before BPD could mount an effective response.

The thing about this press is it that it advertises how vulnerable Boston is to a Mumbai or Paris style attack. The State Police would wind up doing the heavy lifting well before BPD could mount an effective response.

BPD has a SWAT team. I'm sure they would arrive on site before the State Police STOP team arrives. I'd guess that the Boston office of the FBI also has a SWAT team, as does Cambridge PD.

Boston SWAT can take up to an hour to mobilize. They won't be doing much before state troopers, MBTA, and mutual aid from other communities already have arrived with patrol rifles.

Boston SWAT can take up to an hour to mobilize. They won't be doing much before state troopers, MBTA, and mutual aid from other communities already have arrived with patrol rifles.

State Police STOP team members are farther away, so I suspect they would take even longer to arrive.

I partially stand by cop shooting victims. Because I don't think cops in USA have any restrictions on using their guns. Why do cops need guns? To protect themselves. But we have seen so many incident they would use guns when there were no threats to their lives at all. You might say everybody wants to go home after work. But that doesn't mean you can shoot unarmed people and expect no punishment. Everytime when you see a cop approaching you at traffic stop, you will see his hand on the gun grip. You don't see that in UK given that bad guys in UK also have guns.

Much different in the UK though. Patrol officers aren't armed, but they have a specific armed police unit that are called in for violent crimes. While there are guns in the UK, they're rarely used in crimes.

Why are they called assault weapons in the hands of civilians and long guns in police hands ?????

They are referring to both rifles and shotguns. Most police departments used to have shotguns in the squad cars, before they started using patrol rifles. Boston PD doesn't even have shotguns in patrol cars.

If you hold them kind of across your chest, they're Wide Guns rather than Long Guns. Looks more like Patriots with a Flintlock cradled in arms as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But I thought barrel length helped with accuracy? They'll be screwed with a wide one

A policy proven effective in North Hollywood if memory serves. However there will be no dealers to offer rifles to pinned down officers in MA.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense. No long guns for civilians or police. Make it a safe zone... for terrorists. So when the SHTF, body count explodes, what are they gonna do... call in Obama's blue helmet brigade?

So much the better if LEO's get PO,d against the moonbats too. They above all, should know that the libs are not on their side.

yeah, don't go looking for OUR support in this. I have not seen ANY boston officers protesting against Healy's proclamation. this is clearly a "you scratch our back, and we'll scratch yours" sort of situation. Healy just caved in our balls, and friends we have are pretty scarce right now. THIS is a perfect time to show how these police unions stand with law abiding citizens.

yeah, don't go looking for OUR support in this. I have not seen ANY boston officers protesting against Healy's proclamation. this is clearly a "you scratch our back, and we'll scratch yours" sort of situation. Healy just caved in our balls, and friends we have are pretty scarce right now. THIS is a perfect time to show how these police unions stand with law abiding citizens.
How hard, and where, are you looking?
example: http://www.masscops.com/threads/ag-maura-healey-awb.147969/

The boots on the street aren't necessarily the problem. You have to remember that leadership is elected, they're political.

Yes, it would be good if we had more vocal support, but there's a limit to how they can do it - for example, they are generally prohibited from actions that amount to political speech in uniform, so even if they're at the protest next to you, you probably won't know it.

EVERY TIME someone uses the term "assault rifle", correct them on the spot. Law abiding citizens use "modern sporting rifles". Big difference.

We need to kill the terminology that the left uses against us.

Back
Top Bottom