• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more Kahrs

I'm not upset at all, I'm just sharing my thoughts, for what it's worth.

I'm okay with them moving, I would too, but I think they should continue to make pistols that are Ma compliant. Not every gun buyer in this state is savvy enough to know the work arounds for getting the pistol you want.

I get that it cost money to go through the MA bullshit process to get on the list, but I hate to see more and more companies giving up on us. Call it "cost of business" for goodwill. At the end of the day, most companies just look at the bottom line, but I'd like to see a stronger sense of community from gun companies.

Take Target Sports for example. They flat out said FU Massachusetts. That's what I'm hoping to see more of, not less.
TSUSA did not say FU they first complied then under legal consultant decided MA can't do shit at the moment.
Don't think there's much to do to get around MA law for sales of new guns through our dealers.
With the thinking of "2a over business decisions" we should boycott all MA dealers for folding on the AGs BS , no?
Cudos to Kahr arms the CEO did not like what he had cod options on a carry pistol 18 or so years ago. Designed one he likes and started making them. I want a Kahr just to fill a made MA sub category of my "collecting"

I have a PM-9 because it is really the ultimate pocket gun. Damn thing preforms like a much larger gun and disappears in a pocket or iwb holster. It is surprisingly accurate, not very fussy about ammo and just generally reliable.

But doing business in Massachusetts is needlessly expensive, so I don't blame them at all for moving.

Can't blame them for not wanting to play the MA game, but I suspect this is more about the fact that the sales of that particular gun don't justify the expense.
does this mean I can double the price of mine and put it in the classifieds?
That was my immediate thought - Anyone looking for a Kahr?

Looks like I will have to pay another visit at the Tommy gun store in Greeley, it's literally 5 miles from my house. The fun fact is that while they have developed the roads within the complex, they named it properly: Kahr Drive, Tommy Gun Lane, Desert Eagle Ave. First time I went there I won a gun cleaning mat that I use all the time.
Also,they do have 2 state of the art underground firing ranges, wish I could get some time there. They are for company use only.

It's difficult to blame them, but JFC I wish some gun companies would do a little more to help those of us behind the various iron curtains in this country.

Kahr/Thompson/AutoOrdnance are behind the iron curtain; they're in Worcester. The factory, anyway.

Probably because they figured out that nobody was really interested in that garbage and that everybody figured out how to buy the real (no ma bs) ones anyways.... I mean seriously nobody really wants a pistol with a "mass pride flag" and a worthless safety on it.... I'd buy a gun that was cerakoted in hot pink before I ever bought a gun with mass bullshit on it....

This

Back
Top Bottom