• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more Kahrs

So someone posted that Kahr stopped making the Ma compliant PM9. Went to their web page and noticed that the Ma compliant PM9 and P9 are gone.

27399533_10101549293695305_1844958633_n.jpg

That is too bad. I am sure they are feeling the pain from all of the other sub compact 9mm on the market now. If they could just fix their mags and the slide release issue I would be a much bigger fan.

It's difficult to blame them, but JFC I wish some gun companies would do a little more to help those of us behind the various iron curtains in this country.

stop worry about what Kahr deems to be "MA compliant". their pistols are on the list. you can get whatever kahr you want. can buy yourself a nice CW9 for good deal and have many FFL's transfer it no problem.

So someone posted that Kahr stopped making the Ma compliant PM9. Went to their web page and noticed that the Ma compliant PM9 and P9 are gone.

Probably because they figured out that nobody was really interested in that garbage and that everybody figured out how to buy the real (no ma bs) ones anyways.... I mean seriously nobody really wants a pistol with a "mass pride flag" and a worthless safety on it.... I'd buy a gun that was cerakoted in hot pink before I ever bought a gun with mass bullshit on it....

Ronnie Barrett, AKA "guy who makes huge effin' sniper rifles!", famously announced to all California government agencies that he would no longer do business with any CA government agencies, nor perform any repair work on rifles they had previously purchased.

As it should be. Kahr should move, not kowtow to MA.

I've seen quite a few of them go for pretty darn cheap lately...they're nice guns. are they the best choice? i have one in my pocket right now, but i think i'd rather have a baby sig scorpion that i held at MFS the other day :D

Probably because they figured out that nobody was really interested in that garbage and that everybody figured out how to buy the real (no ma bs) ones anyways.... I mean seriously nobody really wants a pistol with a "mass pride flag" and a worthless safety on it.... I'd buy a gun that was cerakoted in hot pink before I ever bought a gun with mass bullshit on it....

I have a Mass compliant PM9. I don't give 2 sh*ts about the safety or the load indicator. The trigger on it is excellent and I don't use the safety. It's the best concealable pistol on the market IMO.

stop worry about what Kahr deems to be "MA compliant". their pistols are on the list. you can get whatever kahr you want. can buy yourself a nice CW9 for good deal and have many FFL's transfer it no problem.
I understand how to get non-MA pistols in MA, but that isn't my point. My point is more that I wish that gun manufacturers would stand by gun owners in shitty states, rather than just abandon them because of the shit they have to put up with and the cost.

I have more respect for a gun company that will support Pro 2A community than those who abandon them. I have a PM9 and will keep it, but I won't buy another Kahr firearm now.

I can understand their moving to a more receptive state, but don't give up those of us is shitty states because it is easier and more cost effective. I'd much prefer to see a we're all in this together attitude. Some "good will" to people who live in shitty states goes a long way.

It is hard to believe that Mass was the birthplace of freedom. God I hate this state. FU Maura.

I understand how to get non-MA pistols in MA, but that isn't my point. My point is more that I wish that gun manufacturers would stand by gun owners in shitty states, rather than just abandon them because of the shit they have to put up with and the cost.

I have more respect for a gun company that will support Pro 2A community than those who abandon them. I have a PM9 and will keep it, but I won't buy another Kahr firearm now.

I can understand their moving to a more receptive state, but don't give up those of us is shitty states because it is easier and more cost effective. I'd much prefer to see a we're all in this together attitude. Some "good will" to people who live in shitty states goes a long way.

It is hard to believe that Mass was the birthplace of freedom. God I hate this state. FU Maura.

are you upset about Kahr no longer putting an LCI and thumb safety on their PM9 or about them moving out of MA? as pointed out by drgrant above the first issue is probably because it costs them too much $$ to produce a unique frame and slide to sell into a state where most of the pistols are being transferred without these features. the second issue of them moving...well it's a business decision...most manufacturers have immigrated to less restrictive states so by this logic we would end up hating on everyone except S&W.

are you upset about Kahr no longer putting an LCI and thumb safety on their PM9 or about them moving out of MA? as pointed out by drgrant above the first issue is probably because it costs them too much $$ to produce a unique frame and slide to sell into a state where most of the pistols are being transferred without these features. the second issue of them moving...well it's a business decision...most manufacturers have immigrated to less restrictive states so by this logic we would end up hating on everyone except S&W.

I'm not upset at all, I'm just sharing my thoughts, for what it's worth.

I'm okay with them moving, I would too, but I think they should continue to make pistols that are Ma compliant. Not every gun buyer in this state is savvy enough to know the work arounds for getting the pistol you want.

I get that it cost money to go through the MA bullshit process to get on the list, but I hate to see more and more companies giving up on us. Call it "cost of business" for goodwill. At the end of the day, most companies just look at the bottom line, but I'd like to see a stronger sense of community from gun companies.

Take Target Sports for example. They flat out said FU Massachusetts. That's what I'm hoping to see more of, not less.

I have a Mass compliant PM9. I don't give 2 sh*ts about the safety or the load indicator. The trigger on it is excellent and I don't use the safety. It's the best concealable pistol on the market IMO.

I'm glad you like it but it's the type of thing that even having that in my safe rubs me the
wrong way. Living in this state is bad enough, being constantly reminded of it all the time is
worse.

Another part of the problem with the gun is it was always overpriced. I could frequently get the non-MA gun for $100-200 less than whatever even FS (likely the steepest discounter) was selling the MA version for... in other words, the MA version of the gun was a victim of Kahr's own success with the normal ones... I think the incursion of other small guns like the Glock 43, LC9S, etc, into the small 9mm market share has probably also "tamped" the demand for these guns, although the PM9 is still arguably, as a model, almost in a class by itself in terms of size/weight/etc. But even given that, and price set aside for the moment; the PM9 is a specialty gun.

I'm going to hazard a guess the reason they dumped it was economics; there's this "opportunity cost" of supporting a weird sub-variant (and parts, like slides, lci crap, safety levers, special frames etc) that was never that popular to begin with. I would be very surprised if Kahr even sold many of those things in MA...

-Mike

Not sure if serious... Kahr likely spent a metric shit ton of money developing and testing that gun btw (plus including the costs of at least 3 guns destroyed by the testing facility) and went through great pains to offer it in the market and over the long term... it failed commercially... so you're going to crap on them for not continuing to produce a gun that likely just didn't sell? If I was going to hazard a guess, they probably made another run of them and held them back for parts for MA peeps on warranty claims etc, then shut the line down. Are you pissed at Glock too? (I would guess conservatively they've probably wasted at least a quarter of a million dollars over the years (and this is probably very low estimate) between testing guns and paying for counsel on and off staff to fight the AGs bullshit... and to this day, they're still in the mix as far as some of these lawsuits go.... but they suck, right? ... Because they pretty much have refused to screw their gun up to suit the whims of the AG's office?

You should be pissed at the state and the AG, not at gun manufacturers. Particularly not at ones that have wasted lots of coin to get their stuff certified to get on the EOPS roster. We're lucky they even bother testing anything for the roster, never mind dealing with the CMR940 BS.

Noam sayin? [laugh]

-Mike

Same for PM40 ?

Does this mean I should change the description of the PM40 I'm selling right now in the classifieds to include words like "rare" and "collectible" ;-)

They are *great* pocket carry guns. Carry as easy as a snubby but with more rounds of hotter ammo. What's not to like ?

The only reason I'm selling it is because I replaced it with a PM9 that I shoot a little better.

Back
Top Bottom