• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No More Guns

ridleyman

NES Member
I get it. I finally see the arguments against guns. The antis provide the logical case each and every day for strict gun control, if not an outright ban on all firearms. Let’s listen to what they’re saying, so you too will agree that firearms have no business being in the hands of the law abiding.

It’s way easier to kill somebody with a gun, and the fact that there are so many guns and lots of dead people proves this point. We all know that places with tight gun control have very low crime rates. For example, how many people have ever visited Chicago in the spring? I have cousins right on the river, and there hasn’t been a single gun murder in their neighborhood of million dollar homes. Other safe places to visit with strict gun control include Iraq, Democratic Republic of Congo, Venezuela (good luck getting a gun there, Mr. Law Abiding Citizen), Jamaica, Honduras, and Dorchester. It’s guns, I tell you, not socioeconomics, values, education, parenting, or culture.

Also, everybody knows that people can’t murder each other if they don’t have guns.

Black guns are the worst of all, and they’re racist. They should be called African-American guns. They kill the most people. I’m pretty sure that thousands of Americans are slaughtered every day by these evil military assault killing death horror show machines.

I’m horrified that the new $20 bill, featuring Harriet Tubman, will have a gun on it. Apparently, HT carried a gun for protection. Back then it was okay, because people needed guns. Today we have the police! Why would anyone ever need a gun when we have the police? Only the police should own guns.

I'm sure when law abiding folks turn in their guns the criminals, who have suffered so much in their lives, will do the same!

Speaking of pictures of guns, why provoke people with a picture of a gun, even if it’s over 100 years old. Pictures of guns belong neither on the $20 bill or anywhere else where the public, or kids, God forbid, might see them. When people see guns it causes a certain reaction that makes them violent. Whenever I see a picture of a gun I immediately want to go kill somebody, anybody. When I walk by the magazine rack at Barnes and Noble I have to shield my eyes until I’m safely past the gun section, and am safely harbored where such ethereal and impartial periodicals as The New York Times reside.

Do you see my point yet?

We don't have a gun problem......we have a social problem.

The majority of gun crimes are committed by criminals.

Reducing the criminal problem will reduce gun crime.

Why not look at the root cause of the problem to solve it?

We don't have a gun problem......we have a social problem.

The majority of gun crimes are committed by criminals.

Reducing the criminal problem will reduce gun crime.

Why not look at the root cause of the problem to solve it?

I think that you missed the sarcasm in the OP. [laugh]

I doubt that the $20 will actually use the picture of Tubman with a gun. But, ironically, both the NJ and MA state quarters have guns on the back if you look closely enough.

I doubt that the $20 will actually use the picture of Tubman with a gun...

It's true, Rob.

It's on the Innerned. [smile]

CggbwxpUMAAckRN.jpg

I can save you a trip. PM me the address and I will pick them up on my way. No need to thank me.

I'll PM you my address too. Never you mind the long winding dirt road to get here, or the lack of cell service. Just keep going till you get to the shack, err, house. My boy should be on the porch to greet you with a lovely melody. He's really taken a shining to the banjo...

Quick dose of reality thinking, jury duty here pays $25 a day and they beg you not to take it. It's your civic duty to judge the next man in a court of law. However if you flip burgers you deserve $15 an hour. The gooberment thinks your time is worth more flipping burgers than making decisions on how much money will be spent fighting crime. Just pointing out the thinking of those who want more gun control....

Back
Top Bottom