No more Glocks

I only owned one Glock, it was nice gun. A G17. I traded it for a Sig 226, which I shot better, but I have nothing really against them.

I just put the Hogue slip on grip on to my G22 the other day. It now feels like an extension of my arm with it on. I can't wait to take it out to the range and see how it handles. Definitely a solid upgrade to the older Glocks that we tend to have here in Mass.

I guess I've never understood why anyone would bash the type of gun someone chooses. To me that's akin to bashing someone's choice of religion or favorite music.

I have a Glock, two Smiths, five Colts, a Sig, a Ruger..and I love them all for different reasons

I had a G19 years ago, traded it towards a Para before I knew better. REALLY wish I would have just held onto the Glock. I don't really care for how they feel and shoot, but the 19 is a sweet hi-cap 9mm carry gun. And regardless of how many people condemn them, they are built like a tank.

I wouldn't buy one in any bigger caliber than 9x19 though; I think .40S&W and up should be reserved for all-steel pistols. (ETA)... for carry/ combat guns at least. I realize polymer-framed 1911s are used for IPSC and such, but you aren't shooting full-power loads through those.

Last edited:
I've got both a G19 9x19 + P229 .40 and .357-sig. I like them both for their different approaches, construction, frames, and both work equally well.

For super compact, I carry a polymer .380 that's as big as my cell phone. Some say this is bad, because apparently the underpowered .380 round can only harm horse flies that are directly in front of the muzzle.

My G17 was the only gun I sold just to get rid of it. I took a bath, but it was worth it.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Never was a huge Glock fan. I prefer Sigs. I think a lot of people buy glocks because (1) thats what they see in the movies or (2) they are tacticool wannabees or (3) they are relatively cheap.

A Sig is a man's gun that really fits in a man's sized hand and has a satisfying hammer drop. Its also not built like a cheap cracker jack toy.

yes, that is why I bought mine. Especially reason number 2 [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Glocks

I had a Glock 23...got rid of it. Dumb Dumb Dumb. But the 1911 still makes the world go round...I have one thats needs a little help. Someday Ill get a another... I have and HK USP at work and I am not very fond of it.

Back
Top Bottom