• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more Glocks

I'll get off the bandwagon as soon as someone makes a better subcompact 10mm.

This...

Didn't realize there was a "bandwagon".......I'm not predjudice...I like all guns. Truth is all plastic guns are ugly no matter what brand.

Not sure what the big stigma is....they are easy to maintain, clean and are very reliable, and have MA high cap availability.

My guess is people get mad because they overpay for them in this state and it leaves a sour taste. Eventually they find out they are nothing special.....they have their good and bad points....just like any other gun.

Last edited:
I tried a few times and it just didn't feel right while shooting them. One of my knuckles kept getting beat up. When I realized that 50rds of 9mm hurt just as much as 50 rds of 44 mag in my revolver, I gave up. I'm not sure if it was the way I was holding it or what, but it wasn't working for me.
This kind of disappointed me as I was leaning toward buying a couple of them. I have nothing against them, and if they came out with a different grip that worked better for me, I'd get one.

I tried a few times and it just didn't feel right while shooting them. One of my knuckles kept getting beat up. When I realized that 50rds of 9mm hurt just as much as 50 rds of 44 mag in my revolver, I gave up. I'm not sure if it was the way I was holding it or what, but it wasn't working for me.
This kind of disappointed me as I was leaning toward buying a couple of them. I have nothing against them, and if they came out with a different grip that worked better for me, I'd get one.

I have an Uncle Mike's rubber grip on my G23. Not that the naked Glock grip bothers me, but I find it more comfortable with that.

yeah...I too was curious and wondered how come so many glocks in the classified section...been away for several weeks on vaca and not checked in...did something happened to cause the influx?

A bad economy will do that. People sell stuff they don't need. Glocks are also extremely popular in MA, given the fact that it's virtually the only polymer handgun that you can get preban mags for.

-Mike

Never was a huge Glock fan. I prefer Sigs. I think a lot of people buy glocks because (1) thats what they see in the movies or (2) they are tacticool wannabees or (3) they are relatively cheap.

A Sig is a man's gun that really fits in a man's sized hand and has a satisfying hammer drop. Its also not built like a cheap cracker jack toy.

A Sig is a man's gun that really fits in a man's sized hand and has a satisfying hammer drop. Its also not built like a cheap cracker jack toy.

Then why don't they fire a man's sized cartridge, instead of the PC version, .40 Short&Weak.

(Here endeth my sarcasm)

In all seriousness, does anyone know why they don't make a 10mm gun?

Never was a huge Glock fan. I prefer Sigs. I think a lot of people buy glocks because (1) thats what they see in the movies or (2) they are tacticool wannabees or (3) they are relatively cheap.

Are you saying glocks are built like a cracker jack toy?

I have a 2nd Gen G22 and a 3rd Gen G19 and love them both.

I think the aesthetic design and the mechanical design are perfection in a certain way. A perfect 1911 is a work of art that should be hung on a wall not stuffed in your pocket and carried around. I think I like Glocks because im a Mechanical Engineer and they are the perfect example of KISS = keep it simple stupid. A design so simple yet so effective, yet attractive.

easily and consistently manufactured, reliable, light, easily repaired, high cap, and the components are interchangeable like a volkswagen. Its truly a perfect design for a weapon, but not a piece of art.

oh and btw the most recent American Rifleman top ten handguns put the 1911 first and the G17 third. Rightfully so.

Last edited:
Have G17,19,22,23,26,27,33. Buy the conversion barrels from lone wolf and swap the mags between the guns. All Glock models have standard capacity pre-ban mags available. Glock factory service is second to none. What's not to love. They are not pretty but that's what engraved S&W Registered Magnums are for. Shoot them, field strip them, throw them in dishwasher.

Man...you nailed all three reasons why I bought my glocks!! Plus with my girl hands those Sigs are just too much for me.....I even had to buy my 10mm 29 in the SF version so it would fit my hands and yet still feel like a man because I was shooting the 10mm.....

Now here is my problem, my 1911 fits my hands way better than any of my glocks...so it really must be a girlie gun.....

Then why don't they fire a man's sized cartridge, instead of the PC version, .40 Short&Weak.

(Here endeth my sarcasm)

In all seriousness, does anyone know why they don't make a 10mm gun?

Because 10mm isn't a very common caliber. Glock can do it because their production processes for the G20 and G29 aren't that much different than the G21 and G30. They just use a different upper, the molded lower half of the gun is virtually the same thing.

Glock pretty much has the market cornered also on 10mm- They probably sell more G20s and G29s than any other 10mm handguns on the market. Part of this is because they're the only lightweight guns in that caliber that you can buy. They're also readily available. (even in MA).

As much as I like Sigs, Sig really does not have a frame out there that is capable of dealing with 10mm Auto. They'd have to build a whole new frame from the ground up. Not a cheap proposition for a market where they might only expect to sell a couple of thousand pistols or so. The market for new 10mms is small, and Glock already has most of it, and I'd bet on the "real steel" side that CZ/Dan Wesson owns that end of the market, because they've always had a couple of 10mm 1911s floating around. Colt is also re-releasing the Delta Elite, apparently.... who knows.

I think Bruce Gray is making some modified P220-STs that are chambered in 10mm, but it's an expensive conversion project.

-Mike

1. I don't watch movies
2. I don't know what about a Glock is "tacticool" when compared to many other pistol out there. The fact that they are black and some of them come with a rail? I can't think of anything else but I know a almost every model Sig has a variation that comes like that as well.
3. They are not cheap in MA. They are more expensive than alternatives.

The reason I don't have a Sig is because I have a hard time getting over exactly what you like: the hammer drop. Dry fire it and you'll get a "Twang...wobble" I would never describe the hammer drop as solid or crisp.

Eventually I'll get one. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Maybe the 250 if I can find one.

As far as Glocks being built like a cracker jack toy: I don't know where you're getting this. I'd be curious to hear why you think so. If it's because of the polymer frame, I'd remind you that pretty much every major firearms manufacturer now makes a polymer framed gun. Sig, Kimber, S&W, Ruger etc

I love my Glock 26..but if i lived in mass i don't think i would pay the prices you do...kind of insane..you can get 17,19,22,23,26,27 here for 500$...other models cost more..as do the compensated models and those with night sights...I went with a friend from mass to a gun shop in west springfield..not sure the name..the selection was so sad...and he comes down here to the stores and cry's about what he cannot get..

On a side note..i love Sig's too!! and my Ruger LCP..

Guess not then huh?

I don't own a 10mm so I don't look in stores for it.
But I don't remember the last time I came across it by accident.

10mm is the type of round that you don't want to shoot unless you reload. I believe it's pretty costly to buy retail.

Sort of like S&W 500

I don't own a 10mm so I don't look in stores for it.
But I don't remember the last time I came across it by accident.

10mm is the type of round that you don't want to shoot unless you reload. I believe it's pretty costly to buy retail.

Sort of like S&W 500

What round can it be compared to? Is it close to a 45?

I saw a subcompact 10mm recently in a magazine. I can only imagine what sort of nasty bugger that is to shoot.

You'd be surprised at how controllable the G29 actually is. Mine would beat up my hand a little after a couple boxes of ammo, but the abuse was way less than what I expected. Let's put it this way- it hurts WAY less than firing one of those little S+W scandium .357 magnum revolvers that weigh less than a pound. [laugh]

At the time I had owned a whole bunch of glocks, and I was the most accurate, ironically enough, with the G29.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom