No more Glocks

Nope.... I just added some more Glocks to my collection this year. I just wish MA didn't force the price up on them though.

I've been buying other brands recently, a couple of Berettas which I really like, and a M&P40c.

I'd still buy and keep Glocks, because they are the Toyota of guns. But there are better nicer guns out there, and it isn't a bad thing to want a 1911, especially a Derr one!

I had a trigger job done by Greg Derr. I didn't realize he had his own special 1911 gun. I'll have to look into this...

I am not a Glock-a-holic, but I pretty much carry and train with Glocks now (he says, sitting at the computer with a 642 in his pocket)

<---glock carrier. not my first pref. but given the choice for reliable, light-weight "standard" capacity semi-auto's in MA, fits my needs via G23, gen 3 w / night sights

Bandwagon? I prefer Glock because of the reliability and the characteristics of the weapons design; specifically, ergonomics. My Glock [22] functions flawlessly. I'd love a nice Kimber or some other sweet 1911, but the Glock works perfectly and I see no need to expand my pistol collection.

I am very new to firearms so no one flame me for what I'm about to say.

I don't think Glocks have a very good "cool factor". [shocked]

kinda like a hi-point? [rofl][laugh2][laugh]

Bandwagon? I prefer Glock because of the reliability and the characteristics of the weapons design; specifically, ergonomics. My Glock [22] functions flawlessly. I'd love a nice Kimber or some other sweet 1911, but the Glock works perfectly and I see no need to expand my pistol collection.

+1

not the prettiest thing on the earth, but the "combat" factor is what i look at.

OP / glock haters: these things have more than proven themselves. are they the best gun out there? absolutley NOT.

however, for Ma**h***s, our choices are limited vs. pre-ban mags, compact and sub-compact pistols.

I have a G23 as well as 1911's, revolvers, etc. I have no plans on getting rid of it, it is a great shooter and has always been ultra reliable.

+1 on the Glocklessness.

Nothing wrong with them, I just found that the double stack 'thickness' became a burden to me. Alway went bang and they were very simple. Perhaps someday I will get another but until then I'm happy without them.

I am very new to firearms so no one flame me for what I'm about to say.

I don't think Glocks have a very good "cool factor". [shocked]

What was that line in the movie "U.S. Marshalls"?

Get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.

It's against my religion to get rid of guns (with rare exception for real serious mistakes/ones I hate).

With that said, between my Wife and I we own 3 Glocks, but they have become safe-queens . . . with one exception, my Wife's Glock sports a AA .22LR upper that gets some use.

We both like/shoot the M&Ps better and with that my personal interest in a G21SF fizzled more than a year ago. [All M&Ps sport trigger jobs.]

As for reliability . . .

- Wife's G17 was a PD safe-queen, spare gun made ~1989 and sat at the PD unfired for years before all of them were traded in and sold by Four Seasons. One day the gun did the "rubber band" trick on me. Pull trigger and it feels like stretching a rubber band but no bang! Handed it to another shooter (FFL who did some minor gunsmithing) and it was determined that "something's broken". It was "original construction" and had had no parts replaced/upgraded. A local Glock gunsmith (thank you again) took care of repairing it for us. [NOTE: Gun probably didn't have more than 2K rds thru it when this happened.]

- Bought a used G23. Noticed some problems and brought it to the same Glock gunsmith. Broken locking-block (totally sheared in two pieces). Same Glock gunsmith repaired it for me.

If anyone had either gun break when they needed it most, their next of kin would look askance at "Glock Perfection"!!

Not trashing Glocks . . . it's just that if it was made by man/woman, it can and will break! There is no such thing as "perfection". Any gun can fail at any time.

But back to the OP's point. We find the grip of a 1911 or an M&P much more comfortable and accurate in our hands.

Sold my last Glock and picked up a custom Greg Derr 1911 as well as another stock S&W 1911A1 with no regrets.

Anyone else bailing out of the Glock band wagon?

I sold a S&W 1911 and am looking to pick up more Glocks.
I still have 2 1911's and don't think I'm going to sell them but for something I'd use every time I go to the range, toss around and beat the crap out of I'm still with my plastic gun.

I hate Glocks and can PROUDLY say that I don't own any. Terrible grip angle, crappy ergonomics, and ugly as all hell. good choice getting rid of them.

i almost bought a Glock but i choose a Ruger SR9 over the Glock, reason was price and feel .

I dont care how they shoot i dont tend on missing my target. i am picking up a brand-spanin new SR9 in 2 weeks waiting for 261.00 more so i can pay it off i bough tit for 429.00 total was 461.00

the Glock didnt come with 2 mags the SR9 did why pay over 600.00 for a Glock when i can get a gun almost as same for less and with 2 mags.

I bet this guy wished the day he never tried a Glock:

Shot in the hand: Glock convert

I was at Gator Guns in WPB Fl and this guy shot himself in the hand with a glock 17 converted to selectfire not a glock 18, Now to clarify some mixups, the owner of the gun is not shown, this was a friend of his that was shooting it and yes there was a handle in the area where you would normally attach a laser/light, the gun was not malfunctioning he just kept on tapping the trigger, it was apparently his first time shooting it.

My 3 reasons for leaving the 1911s and going to glock...
1. Great rust proof finish on the glock .
2. There all the same if you carry a 23 or 26 and pick up the 21 it shoots about the same.
3. There is only a mag release button and a trigger nothing else to mess with.

I've owned a Glock, I currently don't. I am not anti-Glock, and I leave open the possibility that I could own another in the future, just not right now.
IMNSHO this "Glock/No Glock" debate is the same as the ".380/9 mm/.40/.45" debate. It is a matter of personal preference, I'm going to carry what I feel comfortable with, and I would encourage everyone else to do the same (Just don't carry a .22[pot]).

Back
Top Bottom