No more Colt ARs

How? Other manufacturers making a better product isn't terrorism.

And, if this was true, wouldn't this be more widely publicized on other firearms news outlets?

It’s not that they’re making a better product...but that they’re making a cheaper product and making it tougher for quality component manufacturers (that charge accordingly) to stay competitive the market.

How much is a PSA vs. a colt complete rifle? Which would you rather own between that and a Colt?

It’s not that they’re making a better product...but that they’re making a cheaper product and making it tougher for quality component manufacturers (that charge accordingly) to stay competitive the market.

How much is a PSA vs. a colt complete rifle? Which would you rather own between that and a Colt?
Someone willing to drop $$ on a quality AR is going to go custom or semi-custom - at least higher quality than Colt. The rest are going to shop on price. Colt loses either way.

I'm a Colt geek and have too many of them. Some have never been fired and are from the 80s (and I'd like to keep it that way), and others are more recent and see some use. I know a lot of folks have had issues with consistency and reliability with various Colts, but I have been lucky enough to avoid it.

The point I was trying to make was that taking market share, by quality or affordability, can't be considered terrorism. That's just how business works.

Last edited:
The one Colt AR that I had I liked particularly because it didn't have the nanny features of later models such as oversized pins, some dorky thing blocking where the auto sear would go, a screw instead of a front takedown pin, a cutoff bayonet lug, etc.

Eh, sort of sucks but colt will make ARs again. I’d even bet soon-ish. The market is saturated and soft right now, but next time people get a little squirrelly about a federal AWB id bet colt comes back.

Someone willing to drop $$ on a quality AR is going to go custom or semi-custom - at least higher quality than Colt. The rest are going to shop on price. Colt loses either way.

For basic colt money you're not terribly far of from SOLGW BCM LMT or LWRC. For a couple hundred more I'll take my LMT rollmark over the prancy pony

Last edited:
Eh, sort of sucks but colt will make ARs again. I’d even bet soon-ish. The market is saturated and soft right now, but next time people get a little squirrelly about a federal AWB id bet colt comes back.

NICS are up 15% this month - we are squirrely right now.

Based on the timing, I'm skeptical.

its a lie, rumor was started by a employee at RSR but its not true , I just confirmed with colt that there is a delay in shipping rifles and product will be available again by December

internet rumors running wild at their best right here

Well I've been had then. But I think the points here are still valid. Why buy a colt when the competition will beat thier quality at not so different a price point. On a side note I hope to come see the expanded store when I come back to visit.

Make mine Colt. No brand name AR is as combat proven as Colt. I've seen them function under the worst possible conditions. Mud, Rain and fixed bayonet conditions are what I consider the worst conditions. I expect those that don't know better, who scoff at the thought of a fixed bayonet, to scoff at Colt as well, until you need a fixed bayonet in a monsoon and in the mud. Like I said, make mine Colt.

Last edited:
Why buy a colt when the competition will beat thier quality at not so different a price point.

Beat their quality? Or offer more do-dads?

I think the LE6920 is a great rifle for the price. But you’re right that most people want either “high-end” rifles or skinflint specials.

Beat their quality? Or offer more do-dads?

I think the LE6920 is a great rifle for the price. But you’re right that most people want either “high-end” rifles or skinflint specials.

I recently sold a Colt Competition/CCR rifle. This AR is amazing. It came from the factory with a three shot target, fired from a rest at 100 yards. The group size was 0.170". The new owner, also a NES member has the rifle and the target. So which of the upper end quality AR companies is it, that are building rifles that shoot better than Colt and at a better price point ?

Last edited:
its a lie, rumor was started by a employee at RSR but its not true , I just confirmed with colt that there is a delay in shipping rifles and product will be available again by December

internet rumors running wild at their best right here

Yeah - that article was very vague and based on hearsay. I wanted to post that earlier, but didn’t want to get into a pissing contest with anyone. And I still don’t.

Well I've been had then. But I think the points here are still valid. Why buy a colt when the competition will beat thier quality at not so different a price point. On a side note I hope to come see the expanded store when I come back to visit.

Absolutely - quality is quality, and if it’s available at a price point your budget can handle, then I suspect many will go for the better rifle. BCM, LMT, LWRC, and many others, all have the reputations they do for a reason.

On the other hand, their are purists who want the original design that became an industry standard, even if its years later. I think I fall somewhere in the middle. Or at least I tell myself that so I can sleep better at night.

Last edited:
By PSA do you mean Palmetto State Armory? Is the PSA vs Colt a serious question?

Yes, that is what i was referring to. It was intended as a rhetorical question.

There aren't too many companies out there with as much experience with manufacturing AR's as Colt. Then again, billy-bob the retard can make one with a drill in his basement so this isn't exactly rocket science if tolerances aren't too far off.

It took me a while to warm up to Colt products, but I think their stuff is pretty top quality across the board.

NICS are up 15% this month - we are squirrely right now.

Based on the timing, I'm skeptical.
I’d bet money that’s not all that significant compared to the 2012-2016 gun boom that saturated the market, particularly with cheap decent quality ARs.

My pre-ban colt requires 16 clicks of windage to get to zero and the hammer had a burr on it causing it to fail to reset. Tell me more about legendary colt quality. It was second hand, but condition was nearly new, i estimate less than 500 rounds from the lack of wear.

The market is saturated, and Colt got lazy relying on government contracts.

Yeah - that article was very vague and based on hearsay. I wanted to post that earlier, but didn’t want to get into a pissing contest with anyone. And I still don’t.

Absolutely - quality is quality, and if it’s available at a price point your budget can handle, then I suspect many will go for the better rifle. BCM, LMT, LWRC, and many others, all have the reputations they do for a reason.

On the other hand, their are purists who want the original that became an industry, even if its years later. I think I fall somewhere in the middle. Or at least I tell myself that so I can sleep better at night.

I mean I love the historical ones. I'd love an SP01. But as a modern fighting rifle I'd take something else. The fact that new ones come with plastic rear sights proves that to me.

Back
Top Bottom