• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more Colt ARs

The same goes if you flip it around.
What does colt do different to be Colt and make it better.

On mil spec contract level platform as long as the manufacture is making them to spec the difference is very little.

I would love to see the actual quality control specs “mil spec” puts out for the ARs .
I dont believe ANY manufacture is going to do more than what the contract demands. US procurement wants X amount of units at Y price By Z date and have a min % of defects or failures per A amount of units.

Just like ammo- LC could easily make M855 better. But why when it does mot have to be.

The one and only reason COLT has a jump on the ARs is they bought the rights to the design original design and had a jump start on production

I dont think colt has to prove it's better, they are already affordable rifles. I think when something is more expensive than the norm, then you need to prove its worth.
By no means am I saying milspec is the gold standard, but it is the basis for a reliable battle rifle, as been proven over the past 50 years.
Yes. Milspec is the bare minimum requirements.
With that being said, a bone stock colt 6920 vs a BCM mod 0, literally a colt twin, are both within $100 of eachother. Depending where you buy from.
Both have milspec parts. Barrel. Lower, upper. Mpi tested bolt and carrier. Etc etc
So the meat and potatoes are the same.
So why are people saying colt is crap and bcm is the way to go? And colt is overpriced?
Sure you can buy a bcm with all the tacticool goodies, but with an added expense.
I could buy a colt and slap on all the street cred sexy parts too if I want.

Then are run by perceived liability and the $$$

It's a charging handle.
But I can buy the same charging handle from a 3rd party distributor?
The distributors aren't scared, should they be?
Bcm is boycotting mass, just to boycott. Let's be real here.
But its bcm so we have to make excuses for them

The same goes if you flip it around.
What does colt do different to be Colt and make it better.

The deal with Colt was that a 6920 was the cheapest rifle you could buy that would conform to most of the "Tier 1" featureset, basically years ago it allowed you to buy a "big kids rifle" for short money- and at one point you could even buy the f***ing things at WAL MART, in a free state, long before all this bullshit happened. The reason they're bowing out of the commercial market is there are a bunch of other players now like DD and others selling to gun shops in that same market space, and a lot of those players are selling guns with more features, rails, etc. All things which colt didn't really get into heavily.

Let me put it this way, I have noob friends in free states. Some of them would call me up after one of these stupid panics would start and they would ask "What AR should I buy?" My automatic response was, "Well, if you're not willing to do the research, just go get a Colt 6920 or 6940, you'll probably end up with something decent".

-Mike

It's a charging handle.

Externally, their logic appears 110% retarded but I also understand the "why"- because if you have an inconsistent policy its more difficult to deal with the exceptions. Like for example, one of my customers runs a liquor store. His policy is everyone cards EVERYONE all the time, regardless if the guy walking in the store looks like he's 105.... why? because this ensures that the employees will always be checking IDs as a matter of habit, no exceptions. It's a form of risk mitigation.

It's easier for a company like PSA or BCM or whoever to just write off MA entirely, when like less than 1% of their sales volume probably comes from MA. The cost of one lawsuit would destroy any profit they made in the state probably in one go. It's an economic calculus/decision. The other thing we don't know- maybe some of these people have already been threatened by the AG, etc. Then they sign a consent decree enema that has a gag order on the back end of it. It's possible BCM or someone had exactly that happen, but we would never know, unless we know the court the enema was filed in, etc. (See also, gun parlor debacle). A lot of these companies likely have
bad counsel or only want to spend so much, and these are the types of decisions that result as an end consequence of that. Life is too short to worry about someone not
shipping parts, guns or ammo into this shithole, it's better to just do whatever you need to get what you want, rather than go full crying toddler because someone discriminated
against MA.

-Mike

It's a charging handle.
If BCM legal team says it will cost you $10,000 mon if Ma AG decides to sue for some sort of liability and we have only made $300 to sales to mass. Lets just take the possibility of that off the table.
No factory direct sales to mass. Let the vendors handle that

Back
Top Bottom