No more BB's...Bug-a-Salt could be next!

HourglassEyes

NES Member
So out of convenience I went to order some BB's off amazon for a mouse problem. Apparently at some point they disallowed shipping to the wonderful state of mASS. I realize I can shop elsewhere, but seeing this is just more crap frosting on the garbage I'm forced to eat everyday. Can't believe I'm trapped in this place.

Also read that some select places Bug-a-Salt is prohibited by them smh....thoght the Cali gentleman's response made a lot of sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-235618_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-235618_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210405-235238_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-235238_Samsung Internet.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 88
I tried buying the swab-it foam cleaning swabs about a year or so ago on Amazon. Amazon would ship some sizes and calibers but not others, and some pack sizes but not others for the same caliber/gauge. I got pissed and googled the company to see if there was someone else who sold it online and not have to play amazon's game of put the item in my cart and see if I can check out with it. Found the Swab-It company's online store and got the damn things the next day after ordering. Turned out the company is in Springfield.

A couple things...
First It is Amazon. Last choice here to support
Second I never get pissed when companies do not want to do business/ship to MA. The blame is with the state, the people and the elected. Not the company. Even if the item is MA legal they decided the risk, research, time is not worth the money. I am sure Amazon has a amazing legal team and they did the math on this one

Last edited:
I used to buy a great herbicide for my lawn on Amazon. Ordered it four times and the fifth time I went to order it. Boom not allowed to ship to MA. Frickin pissed.

Bug-a-Salt is useless. I don't have flies that much. I have bumble bees. Bumble bees shake that stuff off and move on. At best you'll stun them. I need MoahhPowwwah!!!!!!

amazon wont even ship some pocket knives to ma, they are ridiculous with that stuff.

I bought a couple of inexpensive SOG folding knifes from Amazon in 2017 and they shipped no problem.

I bought a Kissing Crane limited edition Marine Corps knife in 2019. This was beautiful knife however it was shipped direct from the merchant not via Amazon. The only place I could find this knife was on Amazon and I really wanted it to give to a close friend who was in the Corps and it was his birthday.

I bought a Case knife also towards the end of 2019 and that also was shipped straight from the merchant not Amazon. I found the same knife on Midway and a few other places but the price was not even close. It was like $60 on Amazon and $80 everywhere else.

I am trying to get away from Amazon as much as possible. It's a tough habit to break because they make it so easy and efficient to order.

I tried buying the swab-it foam cleaning swabs about a year or so ago on Amazon. Amazon would ship some sizes and calibers but not others, and some pack sizes but not others for the same caliber/gauge.
If just one of those disallowed orders had been allowed to ship,
Prime would have shown red ink for an entire quarter.
maxresdefault.jpg

Bug-a-Salt is useless. I don't have flies that much. I have bumble bees. Bumble bees shake that stuff off and move on. At best you'll stun them. I need MoahhPowwwah!!!!!!
Tannerite
He said bumble bees, not honey bees.

Gamo Shadow Express, air shotgun, payload is #9 lead shot. Cartridges still show up from time to time, but the shotgun itself is rarely seen for sale:
Amazon product ASIN B00FSX5WDYView: https://www.amazon.com/Viper-Shadow-Express-ShotShl-Ammo/dp/B00FSX5WDY
I can confirm that these will absolutely vaporize a bumblebee or yellowjacket, and are also effective on small rodents (at point-blank range only).

Next step up would be the Seneca .50 with shot loads available in No. 6 and No. 8 as well as build-your-own-load shot cups (recommend intense cleaning after firing rock salt or the like).

I used to buy a great herbicide for my lawn on Amazon. Ordered it four times and the fifth time I went to order it. Boom not allowed to ship to MA. Frickin pissed.
Whatever you do don't order your bagged pet food from them. The window licking stowers can't grasp the concept of not placing both items on the same shelving, or even on top of each other for that matter.

Well, you have to admit, it IS an A-salt-weapon!

Damn straight you could really screw up someone’s eye.

I shot a fly off my bare foot once. Once. Oh wow that stung all day... I have a weird peaked ceiling in my kitchen where I do most of my hunting and when the salt shrapnel falls in my eyes I start tearing up can’t see shit it’s like war man I need a medal... 💜

Damn straight you could really screw up someone’s eye.

I shot a fly off my bare foot once. Once. Oh wow that stung all day... I have a weird peaked ceiling in my kitchen where I do most of my hunting and when the salt shrapnel falls in my eyes I start tearing up can’t see shit it’s like war man I need a medal... 💜
has it occurred to you that you are probably crying to mourn the dead flies?

amazon wont even ship some pocket knives to ma, they are ridiculous with that stuff.
Nobody is immune from silliness. A few years back, my son won a trophy or two at the NH State Trap Shoot, and the award was a Boy-Scout-type pocket knife, suitably engraved as to its significance. They went to hand it to him, then pulled it back, saying, "Oh, we have to check if it's OK with your parent for you to have this."

I was standing behind him, and said, "He's been walking around with a shotgun for three days, and you're worried about a knife? And you're from New Hampshire?" [rolleyes] [rofl]

I ran into the same issue with Amazon. No BB's to Massachusetts. But if you want a compound bow and arrows you're good to go.

Last edited:
My ProForce P229 GBB works excellently as a ghetto way to still get holster draw practice and trigger time in hossie drills in the basement. Airsoft's really come a long way since I remembered the cheap springers I used to play with two decades ago. Put in a stout recoil spring assembly and use nasty rotten egg smelling propane as a propellant and this thing kicks as much as a heavier 22lr pistol with the slide blowback. Cheaper than expending 9 mil range ammo which is what, $1 a round street value these days? o_O

If we kill bumble bees is that going to doom the planet or is that just honey bees?
I don't see much reason to kill BBs; they're our only native social bee species, and yes, they are prolific pollinators. While rarely aggressive, unlike honeybees, each female bumblebee is capable of stinging multiple times.

Amazon had not been shipping alit of items to mass , I also think theres probably a “program” that picks up certain shit as to stop it from shipping. I really dont think theres much even remotely related to guns that will ship to mass.
I miss when Hanson Hardware sold pellet guns and BBs and Pellets. Sold 22lr and shotgun ammo at one point.
Heck I think even Tractor supply is cutting back on BB sales in mass.
I went into dicks to look for a batting glove for mr daughter....they dumped everything gun related no paint ball or air gun stuff at all. Heck I dont even think I seen bows and arrows ....times change used to buy 12g at sears on friday night then go hunting behind the mall on saturday

Back
Top Bottom