No longer need to meet at FFL for private sales in Boston

TayNinh_66

NES Member
who the hell meets at an FFL for a private transfer. if i were the FFL i would boot those fools out to the dark alley where FTF sales thrive.

who the hell meets at an FFL for a private transfer. if i were the FFL i would boot those fools out so fast.

I think you're reading a little too far into the OPs post.

Further I did private sales at FFLs all the time, where I'm paying the dealer to run the transfer.... I don't like burning up my FTFs when they can transit a dealer. I save them for contingencies.

Also in some cases in MA where you have a bidirectional trade, sometimes a handgun will be going back in the other direction that isn't MA compliant, so that necessitates an efa-10 or whatever. In one case I paid the dealer for the outbound transfer and I did an FA-10 with the seller in the other direction.

-Mike

I've met at Cabela's, BPS, the parking lot behind FS, the side lot of the Taunton BJ's, I met Jason at the Dunks near the Taunton RMV before I realized we live probably 3 min from each other. (To be fair, I bought an old poster, not a gun that time.) I even delivered a G36 to a guy at his office in Attleboro once.

Never inside of an FFL. Never inside a police station.

Wait - I might have met a guy in the parking lot of that old gun shop that used to be on 138. Carr's. I think I sold a KelTec there once.

^ This!

FTF when it is not FFL transferable.

Speaking of which, an in MA, M1A that has been in MA since the 70's, is that FFL transferable?

Should be. Obviously you have to ask the dealer you're going to use, and what their requirements are.

-Mike

the parking lot behind FS
my go to meeting place for damn near everything, karma hand offs & private sales. convenient for me and pretty damn near everyone knows where it is. but different story if i'm on the receiving end, then i travel to where ever.

You so funny.
ETA: Click pushpins for punch line.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that I've been known to clear ftf transfers with my local ffl to do in store.

It can convert a non-sale into ammo, I had a problem once with a seller's expired ltc, so I just booked the gun into the ffl so he could come back with an update and pocketed the cash on the spot and the ffl made a quick fee, and like the driving force in retail it gets customers into your shop.

People look at it as a lost sale- it's not, it was never their sale to begin with. Ftf transfer space at a ffl is an opportunity for a conversion.

Met a metric shit ton of sales from NES, Craigslist and a few others at either a Dunkin Donuts that's mutually acceptable or a CVS Walgreens. I rarely ever go alone! ( Gertrude is always on my hip!!!! ) Unless it's close to home or maybe someone from NES that I have read a bunch of their posts.

Back
Top Bottom