No jail time given in high profile gun case.

Assault features lol common now I think they need to fix the definition of assault

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

the chargers are ****ing bullshit, just that simple what a ****ed up world it has become.

Wassell was found to be in possession of an AR-15 with at least three “assault features” attached to it, including a bayonet mount, a pistol grip, and a telescoping butt stock. Before the SAFE ACT, New Yorkers were allowed to own certain guns with up to two assault features.
O MY GOD IT HAS ASSAULT FEATURES, THAT MEANS IT WILL KILL MORE.[angry]

Gee wiz that's just ****ing dandy. **** NY and every shitbag legislature in this country trying to screw us all over.
That was just his home-defense gun. At least they didn't get the six other go-guns he had buried in his lawn.

Each individual, independent feature is safe and legal to have.
These features do not interact to create additional functionality nor do they increase the lethality of the firearm.

Logically there is no reason to limit the number of these features except as the start of the slippery slope toward zero features.

Logically there is no reason to limit the number of these features except as the start of the slippery slope toward zero features.
There is a battle for freedom, and the other side has learned that the way to win is to take any territory, however small. No matter how small the gain, once something is prohibited, it is nearly impossible to get it back and if a generation or two passes, it becomes "unthinkable" that a mere private citizen could possess one (just look at the attitude towards machine guns).

Gun owners are the new boogeyman .

Dems and some Repubs are waging a war on legal gun owners. Deleo's POS bill is proof positive of that. If you still need proof, check the numbers of legal gun owners in MA before and after the the '98 laws passed.

This is a contemplated strategy by the left. Less gun owers, means less people to vote against their a$$es. In addition to that, it means less money donated to the NRA, GOAL, COMM2A, etc. Of course, as we all know, they effed up when nominated the BEST gun salesmen in US (World?) history for POTUS!

I hope I don't live to see the mess this country will be in thirty years. It will be unrecognizable.

Horrible, if you look at population stats, 60,000 white people left Massachusetts right after '98. I wonder how may of those were gun owners fed up with the bullshit.

Benjamin Wassell was sentenced to five years probation Friday by Acting Chautauqua County Court Judge Michael D’Amico. The 33-year-old had been one of the first people charged under elements of New York’s SAFE ACT. Those charges were eventually set aside by a grand jury, which still charged him with three felony counts, including possession of an illegal firearm, sale of a firearm, and possession with intent to sell a firearm.

“What happened here would’ve been criminal before the SAFE ACT was passed,” noted Judge D’Amico.

Wassell was found to be in possession of an AR-15 with at least three “assault features” attached to it, including a bayonet mount, a pistol grip, and a telescoping butt stock. Before the SAFE ACT, New Yorkers were allowed to own certain guns with up to two assault features.

Wassell served as a Marine in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He has two young children at home and told the judge, “I have never been in trouble before this or since this, and I will not be in trouble in the future.”

Wassell must stay away from guns and alcohol during the five years of probation.

I don't get it. The judge said it would have been criminal to possess the AR before the Safe Act, how? Also do they have licensing in NY cause it says he illegally sold the firearm.

Exactly this. Progressives will argue "Hey, he didn't even get any jail time, it's just a slap on the wrist." Being a federal PP is a lifetime sentence [angry]

Not to worry, as a criminal without a license he now is free to purchase as many illegal weapons he wants that will not be traceable to him for perhaps less money than a lawful gun owner and if he does get caught for some reason with one the penalty may not be as harsh if he were legal.[sad] Sarcasm

I don't get it. The judge said it would have been criminal to possess the AR before the Safe Act, how? Also do they have licensing in NY cause it says he illegally sold the firearm.

From a quick Google search and my interpretation:

the AWB was in effect in NY before the Safe Act so that's what he was convicted of. The magazine capacity laws were Safe Act and charges were dismissed.

So this case can't be used to challenge the Safe Act on appeal.

From a quick Google search and my interpretation:

the AWB was in effect in NY before the Safe Act so that's what he was convicted of. The magazine capacity laws were Safe Act and charges were dismissed.

So this case can't be used to challenge the Safe Act on appeal.

That's my read, too. From the few facts presented, it seems he had a non-ban-compliant AR in NY, which, like MA, is a no-go, and, like MA, is well publicized. I'm not sure why this guy was unaware.

Note: not arguing the validity of the law, just the fact it should have been no surprise.

The alcohol component makes no sense. Other media sources covering this story said nothing about alcohol.

with reagards to this story the prosecution alleged that the undercover FBI/purchaser stated he had been convicted of a felony and this guy Wassell sold him the rifle anyway.

as stupid as NY and MA laws are, if someone knowingly violates the retarded AWB and knowingly sells to someone claiming to be a felon, then WTF that person is a complete idiot. Do they deserve to be a PP and felon too? No of course not but they are one GIANT IDIOT.

Back
Top Bottom