No Colts on MA roster?

tinhorn

NES Member
Youngster is moving from WA to PA. He still has the Colt Frontier I gave him many years ago (what a great kid, huh?), and I offered to hold it for him until he gets all his papers in order. Downloaded the MA roster, and WTH?...not a single Colt on the list! This can't be for real--what did I do wrong?

Youngster is moving from WA to PA. He still has the Colt Frontier I gave him many years ago (what a great kid, huh?), and I offered to hold it for him until he gets all his papers in order. Downloaded the MA roster, and WTH?...not a single Colt on the list! This can't be for real--what did I do wrong?
you can still hold it for him, the roster has nothing to do with borrowing your sons pistol, or him leaving it at your house for safe storage, it only applies to FFL's trying to sell it.

An individual who legally owns a non roster firearm can upon moving to Ma bring it in to Ma and legally keep it

...and sell it FTF.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Dont give a crap about "the list" unless you are a gun shop owner or FFL.
Correct?
Apparently I was mistaken in believing that a handgun, to be shipped from Washington State to Massachusetts, had to go through an FFL, and that most FFLs will not transfer a handgun unless it's on the roster. My bad.

Apparently I was mistaken in believing that a handgun, to be shipped from Washington State to Massachusetts, had to go through an FFL, and that most FFLs will not transfer a handgun unless it's on the roster. My bad.
It depends on who is sending it, receiving it, if it is intrastate or interstate, and who the carrier is. Also, is it a sale, return after repair, or for safekeeping? Once you answer these questions if is easy. Matt

Shipped? No that is a horse of a different color. We all assumed he was brining it here himself. (based on the correct answers given)

Yep.

Why on earth would he not hand-carry his guns? Or have the moving company move the whole safe?

He's moving to PA, why wouldn't he just take it with him? I'm sure PA has rules in place for people moving in to the state while they wait for any licensing/paperwork.

He can't ship it unless he ships it to himself and he's there to receive it. Shipping a handgun is risky, they get stolen and disappear a lot. He really should just bring with him to PA.

Hmm. Could he ship it to himself and have it stored "safely" until he arrives to receive it? Asking for a friend,..

Back
Top Bottom