No Black Powder gun sales via mail order!?

Is there a restriction in MA prohibiting mail order
purchases of black powder rifles? Sportsman's Guide is
having a great sale on Knight muzzleloaders but when
I went to purchase one (after checking all of their
restrictions and noting that MA was not on their
prohibited list) I was denied. When I called them up they
claimed that they could not legally ship this to MA, nor ship
to any other state if the purchaser was in MA. Is this legit?

F

F

F

Yes, SG was "stung" by the AG's office a few years ago. They were forced to sign a "consent decree" which in essence states that they will not sell anything to anyone from MA, ever again!

See the other threads here on ammo sales, etc. and you'll understand what has happened here.

To answer the other part of your question, no it is not illegal for you to order or for them to ship . . . unless they are under some agreement with the AG's office NOT to ship anything here.

Yes, SG was "stung" by the AG's office a few years ago. They were forced to sign a "consent decree" which in essence states that they will not sell anything to anyone from MA, ever again!

See the other threads here on ammo sales, etc. and you'll understand what has happened here.

To answer the other part of your question, no it is not illegal for you to order or for them to ship . . . unless they are under some agreement with the AG's office NOT to ship anything here.

I remember reading somewhere on here that Sportsman's Guide got stung by the AG's office and to avoid long court stuff they signed a document swearing not to sell stuff to people who live in the state.

I'm not 100% sure they were stung, but after reading, many company's wont ship to Mass for fear of a sting.

I remember reading somewhere on here that Sportsman's Guide got stung by the AG's office and to avoid long court stuff they signed a document swearing not to sell stuff to people who live in the state.

I'm not 100% sure they were stung, but after reading, many company's wont ship to Mass for fear of a sting.

and I understand their fear about ammo, but a stinkin'
muzzleloader? So I can buy this same gun at a gunshop
locally, without an FID/LTC, I just have to pay 100% more.
Nice. Sometimes I wonder why I ever moved back here...
[evil]

F

[evil]

F

[evil]

F

LenS said:

Damn Len, I was waiting/looking forward for you to blast the SG but you disappointed me [cry] You must be getting tired of them.

LenS said:

Damn Len, I was waiting/looking forward for you to blast the SG but you disappointed me [cry] You must be getting tired of them.

LenS said:

Jon,

I expect that you know that signing a "consent decree" is much like parole (but for life)! They can throw in whatever terms they want and once you sign on the dotted line you are obligated to meet the requirements.

None of those that have signed them nor the AG's office will release the details of the agreement. My feeling is that SG can't do anything. I just look in their catalog and shake my head, but I see no way that they would budge off their position . . . I don't think that they can do anything about it.

I do try to educate those that will listen and have the power to change their ways. I no longer waste my time with those that won't or can't change their positions.

Jon,

I expect that you know that signing a "consent decree" is much like parole (but for life)! They can throw in whatever terms they want and once you sign on the dotted line you are obligated to meet the requirements.

None of those that have signed them nor the AG's office will release the details of the agreement. My feeling is that SG can't do anything. I just look in their catalog and shake my head, but I see no way that they would budge off their position . . . I don't think that they can do anything about it.

I do try to educate those that will listen and have the power to change their ways. I no longer waste my time with those that won't or can't change their positions.

Jon,

Back
Top Bottom