NM State Police Officer Killed by AR-15 Toting Drug Dealer ... Dashcam Vid Released

Reptile

NES Member
New Mexico State Police are revealing the harrowing moment Officer Darian Jarrott was disgustingly gunned down in cold blood when he pulled over a drug dealer armed with an assault weapon.

NM cops just released this dashcam and bodycam video from Officer Jarrott ... he had pulled over Omar Felix Cueva on Feb. 4 on the I-10 outside Las Cruces. Jarrott told Cueva he was being stopped because his window tint was too dark. Cueva was initially cooperative, but the stop took an ugly turn when Jarrott asked Cueva if he had any firearms.

Jarrott apparently saw a weapon inside Cueva's truck as he was stepping out of the vehicle, and asked Cueva if he could take it off him ... as he put it, "for my safety?" Those would be one of Jarrott's last words. As Cueva stepped out of the truck, Jarrott couldn't see him lift an AR-15-style rifle ... which he unloaded at the officer as they got to the back of the truck.

You hear Jarrott yell, "Oh, s**t!" as the bullets started flying. Cops say Jarrott went down immediately, and Cueva ran over to him and fired several more rounds at point-blank range before fleeing the scene.

sucks because the trooper was being real cool with him and he shot him for absolutely no reason. RIP

worst part is the family will always have the image of this video of their father/husband being murdered for no reason burned into their memory

Who was the second group of people that came up?

EDIT
Looks like Homeland security left him hanging

A Homeland Security Investigations official, in a statement to ABC-7 on Friday, said Jarrott was among a group of NMSP officers on Thursday who "were assisting HSI special agents in an enforcement operation in Deming related to an ongoing narcotics investigation."

U.S. Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Leticia Zamarripa indicated their investigation was "targeting transnational criminal organizations" operating in New Mexico and Texas, but she declined to elaborate further on the specifics of Thursday's probe that led to the deadly traffic stop.

NMSP Chief Robert Thornton said at a news conference late Thursday night that Cueva was believed to have been headed to a drug deal at the time he was stopped by Jarrott and opened fire on the officer.

The chief wouldn't comment on quantities of drugs or weapons seized from Cueva's pickup truck following the shootout. He also didn't say what, if anything, turned up during a search of Cueva's Deming area home on Thursday night.

Last edited:
This sucks, RIP to who seemed like a cool cop.

Not a cop myself, but holy f***, he did a lot of things wrong!! How about go back to your vehicle without the guy?? How about draw your side arm when he gets out and you see his side arm?? How about don’t treat a felon like a regular Joe during a traffic stop??

Also, this never should have been a stop in the first place. There should be no laws about window tinting, period. Especially when cops tint the f*** out of their windows!! No laws for thee, not for me!! That is pure NBS. I have ‘illegal’ window tints here in NH, front sides are as dark as the back and rears. Nobody gives me shit for it. If I got stopped and was given that as a reason I would drive off.

Would I get my riots???
Not if you are a upstanding law abiding citizen.

Look at Eurie Stamps in Framingham. Black - Check. Shot by incompetent cop who was not punished and kept is LTC and job, and never faced any charges or a grand jury - Check. Criminal - Nope, law abiding citizen not on anyone radar; no warrants; etc. Did not rate a riot.

Glad that POS is dead. Save everyone the circus of a legal trial

RIP to that valiant officer

Not if you are a upstanding law abiding citizen.

Look at Eurie Stamps in Framingham. Black - Check. Shot by incompetent cop who was not punished and kept is LTC and job, and never faced any charges or a grand jury - Check. Criminal - Nope, law abiding citizen not on anyone radar; no warrants; etc. Did not rate a riot.
Never heard of this event. ☹️

So is the moral of these stories to be a gangster and then you’ll get your riots when you’re dead?? I want riots when I’m gone!

One way to prevent this murder is to stop pulling people over for dark tint...... sucks that the cops family has to deal with this over such a stupid stop.
I'm aware that it's a tactic to net other bad criminals, but JFC.

Never heard of this event. ☹️

So is the moral of these stories to be a gangster and then you’ll get your riots when you’re dead?? I want riots when I’m gone!
My point exactly.

Unlike the riot inducing cases, Stamps did not have warrants out for his arrest, a violent criminal record, and didn't fight with the cops when they raided his home searching for something else.

The body wasn't even cold before the DA was talking about a full investigation for what he said looked like "an accident for which no criminal charges are appropriate".

The shooter, officer Duncan, remains a Framingham police officer.

sucks because the trooper was being real cool with him and he shot him for absolutely no reason. RIP

worst part is the family will always have the image of this video of their father/husband being murdered for no reason burned into their memory
And he was being safe at first by going off the highway away from incoming traffic to the passenger side. Sadly if he had went around to the drivers side and watched the thug get out of the vehicle he would have had the drop on him.

And he was being safe at first by going off the highway away from incoming traffic to the passenger side. Sadly if he had went around to the drivers side and watched the thug get out of the vehicle he would have had the drop on him.
yea for sure, its gotta be one hell of a mind f*** stopping people on the highway, gotta decide whether you want to take your chances with morons on cell phones driving 80mph or the person your pulling over

Back
Top Bottom