• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ Troopers respond to wrong house, light up old man

Looks like he shot at the troopers while they were outside and they had not entered the house.

It is a he said she said Han Solo shot first scenario.

Last edited:
Looks like troopers showed up and banged on glass slider, man showed up to door with shotgun, troopers panicked and shot at him, then he returned fire.

I don't know if that's the same article as the one I read, but it said that the guy was too scared to come out after being shot and 911 operator had to convince him they wouldn't shoot anymore.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

If that guy didn't have a gun, this never would have happened.

Thats true, if those state troopers were only armed with rape whistles like the general public in NJ they wouldn't have been able to open fire on a man in his own home for no reason and then make up a story about how he shot first.

Most interesting it looks like his face took quite a beating too. I'll lay 10 to 1 odds that they beat the crap out of him when they entered the house and found him shot up, just to teach him a lesson!

Is it too much to ask that somebody double checks the address before they go in guns blazing (or ready to blaze)? Or is this just what we get when we hire dumb cops?

Most interesting it looks like his face took quite a beating too. I'll lay 10 to 1 odds that they beat the crap out of him when they entered the house and found him shot up, just to teach him a lesson!

It could be the glass from the door that the bullets came thru from the cops gun

lucky to be alive

wrong address or false address by informants can be deadly or in case of oil delivery to wrong address, can cause you to lose your house due to environmental impact. Either way winding up possibly dead is much worse.

We deal with idiots making stupid choices and mistakes every day, part of life. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Looks like troopers showed up and banged on glass slider, man showed up to door with shotgun, troopers panicked and shot at him, then he returned fire.

That's my guess as well. The shotgun blast is low in the window. Unless the officers where shot in the foot, that would be consistent with him being on the ground when he fired, which would be consistent with the officers firing first. If they claim he shot first and the forensics say otherwise, suffice it to say I have a high tolerance for human error but zero tolerance for public servants trying to lie their way out of trouble.

I wonder how common this is. Certainly I've heard of it many times. It reminds me of the stories of errors in hospitals, misidentification of patients or mix up of procedures, removal of the wrong kidney, etc. As a result, hospitals now have procedures that require them to check and re-check these things. Seems like cops should do the same--implement multiply-redundant checks of the address they're going to and the address that they're actually at.

This case makes a strong argument for a good video surveillance system inside and out of the house. A quick rewind shows instantly who fired first.

This case makes a strong argument for a good video surveillance system inside and out of the house. A quick rewind shows instantly who fired first.

You're assuming they did not threaten the rest of the inhabitants with summary execution unless they disclose location of said surveillance system, once a lens in noticeable.

Unless you're writing the data to a remote server, you're doing nothing really.

Is it too much to ask that somebody double checks the address before they go in guns blazing (or ready to blaze)? Or is this just what we get when we hire dumb cops?

The cops got SENT to the wrong address. How about we put the blame on e911 or the dispatcher for this but them blaming the cops for the FR over-response. If you think about it from their perspective for just a second, they have no idea what they might be walking into. But ringing the bell seems like a prudent course of action to me

Biden Defense. He saw intruders and fired a shotgun through the door.

Ha, This came to mind. Biden did say that was OK.

What also came to mind is the guy from Chicopee...

If I had to guess, cops shot first in this scenario but they're going to deny that. Doubt this guy would blow thorough his own sliding glass door shooting at silhouettes without being shot at first.

The article states the homeowner fired through the door prior to the officers firing. This means pretty much everyone was at fault.

It reminds me of the stories of errors in hospitals, misidentification of patients or mix up of procedures, removal of the wrong kidney, etc. As a result, hospitals now have procedures that require them to check and re-check these things.

Quality control so good that medical errors kill 575 people every day in the USA. Where is Maura on that?

Seems like cops should do the same--implement multiply-redundant checks of the address they're going to and the address that they're actually at.

Sounds like a workable plan. Or maybe just not be above the law.

Where is Maura on that?

Well, see, doctors killing patients accidentally is sort of like a muzzle-loader type of thing, not an AR-15 sort of thing. They're OK with it if you can only pick off one or two at a time before the others can run to safety.

That's my guess as well. The shotgun blast is low in the window. Unless the officers where shot in the foot, that would be consistent with him being on the ground when he fired, which would be consistent with the officers firing first. If they claim he shot first and the forensics say otherwise, suffice it to say I have a high tolerance for human error but zero tolerance for public servants trying to lie their way out of trouble.

Looking at the pics the cops story is very fishy. Four handgun rounds at torso height, one shotgun blast at shin level...

Back
Top Bottom