• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ to MA transplant

I just escaped Phil Murfistan Republik of New Jersey to Boston a few months ago. The MA-L.T.C. process is faster and I was able to get mine in about three months and change! Where are all the normal gun's? I've seen no AK's, Most Pistol's and AK-47's for sale here? It's only full size sixteen-inch AR's for this stuff. I checked all the websites and they say they don't ship to Massachusetts. Jersey is tougher on guns then Massachuetts, but anyone with his FID can get a new AK. I have a Jersified-SAM 7 and want to pick up a ZPAP here but see nothing. The gun shop's I've been at said it's illegal to sell since I'm not a L.E. but another shop has some for sale. Are my guns going to be registered here, how do I do that?

I just escaped Phil Murfistan Republik of New Jersey to Boston a few months ago. The MA-L.T.C. process is faster and I was able to get mine in about three months and change! Where are all the normal gun's? I've seen no AK's, Most Pistol's and AK-47's for sale here? It's only full size sixteen-inch AR's for this stuff. I checked all the websites and they say they don't ship to Massachusetts. Jersey is tougher on guns then Massachuetts, but anyone with his FID can get a new AK. I have a Jersified-SAM 7 and want to pick up a ZPAP here but see nothing. The gun shop's I've been at said it's illegal to sell since I'm not a L.E. but another shop has some for sale. Are my guns going to be registered here, how do I do that?

Hoo boy.

Your LTC class should have addressed everything in your post...

moving from NJ to MA befuddles me

you cant have AR pistols in MA unless theyre pre-ban or fixed mag. no, you can't have an AK on an FID. register your guns on eFA10.

just pack back up and move to a free state. moving will be easier than understanding the laws.
There is no legal requirement to do a eFA10 (or any other) registration of guns when moving into MA.

Those who disagree are requested to provide a cite to statute or case law.

I have a L.T.C. A Restrictions None. Massachusetts is great for biotech, I'll try and deal with it instead of driving from Vermont!

Short answer: if you want anything other than an AWB-ban-compliant rifle, you're looking at the preban market and a big markup. Your odds of getting an AR pistol here are slim, unless (again) you're made of money. There are many AKs available here, although they are more expensive than elsewhere. Make sure your mags are all pre-ban, if you care about that.

Welcome. New purchases need to be EFA-10d. Stuff you moved in with? Nope. It's optional. And you shouldn't IMO.

Where are Pre-Ban Pistols and AK's I don't see any at stores? I'm right next to Boston

Classifieds here.

You're going to be best off on the used market.

ETA: or? Hell, just go to the Mill in Littleton. According to the Boston Globe, you can get anything you want there...[smile]

Hoo boy.

Your LTC class should have addressed everything in your post...

To be fair, my LTC class was mainly a 1 hour NRA video from 1985 and a rather disinterested instructor only answering "can I ship my X gun up here (lol...no)" questions from a southerner transplant.

My L.t.c. class didn't say! I'm don't want to pay twenty-five dollars for this site. These answers suck, why would I pay for that?
because there are 15+ years of people answering your questions. You're a big boy in a smart-people industry that pays actual money. Look up the Assault Weapon Ban. Look up the FA-10. Find the answers you seek.

Better still, look up what Membership on this forum nets you. Hint: it doesn't buy soft-handed answers.

Back
Top Bottom