NJ Proposes Mandatory Firearm's Training in Schools.

Each year, many of the young children in our nation are killed or
injured while handling firearms. Schools can play a major role in
educating children about the very real dangers of unattended
firearms and how they should react when they come into contact with situations involving firearms.

Wow, imagine that. It sounds like somebody actually has something honest and constructive to say about firearms. I'm all for it.

Makes sense to me. So of course it would never pass here. [rolleyes]

Remember the kid in Dedham? Got his hands on a stolen glock, put it to his head thinking it was "unloaded" and bang! He killed himself. If he had been taught safe gun handling maybe he'd still be alive.

Well that and that he shouldn't have taken a stolen gun in the first place.

I wouldn't get too excited about this. It's going to be a "Guns are evil and the root of all our crime class". Not a NRA safety class with Eddie Eagle.

Last edited:
The bill doesn't specify exactly what must be taught as I'm sure the lesson plans will be up to the teachers but a school can already tell the kids they are evil. At least the way this bill is written, it seems to lean towards the Eddie Eagle based programs. Hopefuuly the teachers will get some instruction as most probably have no idea how to safely handle a firearm themselves. I'm sure a local club would be more than happy to step in and provide the instruction for the school even without a piece of legislation.

Yeah, sure.

If you see a gun:
  • Stop!
  • Don't touch it!
  • Leave the area!
  • Write a letter demaning stricter gun laws to protect other children!

It's New Jersey; 'nuff said. [rolleyes]

(That's not to single out NJ for abuse; if the kiddies write enough of those letters, I'm absolutely certain the same program would be instituted in MA, MD, NY, CA, and HI.)

Ken

KMaurer said:
Yeah, sure.

If you see a gun:
  • Stop!
  • Don't touch it!
  • Leave the area!
  • Write a letter demaning stricter gun laws to protect other children!

It's New Jersey; 'nuff said. [rolleyes]

(That's not to single out NJ for abuse; if the kiddies write enough of those letters, I'm absolutely certain the same program would be instituted in MA, MD, NY, CA, and HI.)

Ken

LOL

True very true

NJ

I wouldn't brag about MA. At least NJ doesn't make you go through a "permitted list" before you purchase a handgun. Of course after you buy it, [thinking] there isn't any place to shoot it...

Back
Top Bottom