NJ police officer shot dead

[halfmast][halfmast][halfmast]RIP

As my late father would respond, when I asked him if he had a good day at work; "Son, any day you come home means it was a good day"

RIP Officer Matlosz.

A Superior Court Judge set bail for Crockam at $5 million cash once he is arrested.

I'm surprised that bail is even possible for a cop killer.

More than 100 local, county, state and federal officers completed a house-to-house search overnight in the neighborhood where the shooting occurred, at times barging into homes at gunpoint and ordering inhabitants to get on the floor.
[thinking]

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that has a huge problem with this. Cop's pulling $#!t like this is perhaps what motivates a person to open fire on them.

More than 100 local, county, state and federal officers completed a house-to-house search overnight in the neighborhood where the shooting occurred, at times barging into homes at gunpoint and ordering inhabitants to get on the floor.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that has a huge problem with this. Cop's pulling $#!t like this is perhaps what motivates a person to open fire on them.

If they're doing this illegally, meaning without warrant or probable cause, etc. then they all should be rotting in jail with the shitbags that they lock up for breaking the law. I don't know if this is bad journalism or if its true, or what it may be. But, if cops are going door to door and doing this without warrant, they all need to be locked up at the very least.

Constitution? What constitution.
No cop deserves to be shot by a scumbag, and I hope they find the shooter and the justice is swift.

That being said, they are walking a fine line if they are kicking doors without probable cause, and I mean real good cause.
The flip side to that coin is there is an armed person out there running for his life and taking a hostage isn't going to matter to him. If the shooter gets inside a residence and has a gun at some kids head, Mommy and Daddy are certainly going to tell any cop who comes to the door all is well

at times barging into homes at gunpoint and ordering inhabitants to get on the floor.

im sorry, but if someone comes barging into my house in the middle of the night with guns drawn.....they'd better have a god damn warrant, otherwise they're getting greeted with buckshot.....

and i find it hard that they found a judge in the middle of the night, and legally obtained a warrant for each house they barged into.........im sorry for the officer, but the entire NJ police force deserves to rot in hell....

I couldn't imagine going to work and not making it home, or being married to someone who never makes it home from work. What a terrible feeling.

The flip side to that coin is there is an armed person out there running for his life and taking a hostage isn't going to matter to him. If the shooter gets inside a residence and has a gun at some kids head, Mommy and Daddy are certainly going to tell any cop who comes to the door all is well

It's been posted here many times before....

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin

[halfmast] RIP to the officer

Houston, we have a problem... [angry2]

i hate when stuff like this happens. people get killed every day, raped, robbed ect... a "show of force" is something we did in Iraq during combat operations. they should have gone after the judge(s) that let the guy off on short bail 15 times prior to him killing an officer. [thinking]

Doctrine of hot pursuit or exigent circumstances may allow this type of behavior, but the cops have better be able to present evidence to back up such claims.

And I don't think they are. I think they ARE going door to door, and I'd have no problem believing that they are explaining the situation and seeking consent to search *for this armed and dangerous subject* in many if not all cases, but I'm NOT ready to put my full faith in a media report.

It's the media. When the hell was the last time they got anything straight with LE/Fire/SAR? Even in Jersey, I can't imagine any justification for searching every house.

Wolf, was this guy on bail or parole, or is that an assumption? (And I'm not saying it's an unreasonable one at that, don't get me wrong. The way I read the article seemed to translate to the suspect being a 'gangbanger/wannabe shitbum'. I'm still wound up about the Mass. LEO that was killed by the paroled shitbag the other week, and could always use something else to get even more wound up about)

How does the phrase go, "there's no such thing as a routine traffic stop"? At least they got the guy. Hopefully he'll do some serious time and not get let out by a parole board.

Back
Top Bottom