NJ Persecution - Guns from Home to Range, No Stops!

I suspect many cops would fire on civilians if they felt it was needed to protect their pension.

They sure would. The "war on drugs" has led to a huge militarization of the police over the past 30 years and cops no longer view their jobs as helping the general public. Everyone who isn't a cop or directly responsible for their pay is viewed as an enemy.

A NJ cop I know told me of an otherwise innocent person with a .22 rifle he arrested.

He said if he came across the person on routine patrol, he would have counseled him as to the law and went about his duties, but since he took a call from dispatch and there was a record of it, he had to make an arrest since, in his exact words "I'm not going to screw with my pension".

I suspect many cops would fire on civilians if they felt it was needed to protect their pension.

That's perfect.

When pension funds start going belly up across the nation it's going to get very interesting politically when the coercion of pensions no longer holds sway. Loyalty which is bought, or maintained by fear, rather than earned is fleeting at the most inopportune times for those expecting its protection.

BUmping this up. NJ laws have me so concerned I am driving all the way around NJ on the way to NC. I'm traveling with 2 safes, one for guns one for ammo, guns have trigger locks too. I was thinking about disassembling them too! My first time testing out the Utah license.

How can this law override FOPA? If the person is legal at both the start and destination they cannot be arrested for transporting a firearm, assuming reasonable stops?

Cause they don't give a shit. They'll arrest you anyway and you'll spend a small fortune defending yourself, from a non crime

They'd probably argue stopping at stop signs and red lights isn't even allowed. If picking someone up isn't, then getting gas or fast food must be right out. Changing a flat tire? No way. Pedestrian in a crosswalk? Toss up. Using a bathroom? Hell no!

Bathroom stop. [rofl] Why not just poop in your pants ? At least If you do that then there will be little doubt that you complied with the law.

How can this law override FOPA? If the person is legal at both the start and destination they cannot be arrested for transporting a firearm, assuming reasonable stops?

FOPA only applies to interstate transportation. Residents of NJ who are only moving within NJ have no protection from NJ laws under FOPA.

BUmping this up. NJ laws have me so concerned I am driving all the way around NJ on the way to NC. I'm traveling with 2 safes, one for guns one for ammo, guns have trigger locks too. I was thinking about disassembling them too! My first time testing out the Utah license.

I did the same...twice last year. No reason to chance it in NJ. If I need be in NJ, have to go unarmed. [frown]

I need to know what kind of car was it? Where were the guns located? Could the cop easily see the guns? Did the cop ask to search the car or if there were any firearms in the car? How did the cop know there were firearms in the car? What questions were asked?

Lots of unanswered questions as to how the cop would even know there are guns in the car. Did he suspect there were? Did the driver just volunteer the info?

Is this what happened?

Cop - where are you coming from?

Driver - Just dropped my uncle off at his house on my way home from the gun range....

I don't know...

So we need to know how the interaction went.

A week ago I drove from PA to MA with several guns. I planned my fuel, food and pee so I wouldn't have to stop in NJ, NY or CT. I made it into CT before giving in to the bladder[rofl].

And, never give the cop more information than absolutely necessary. There is nothing you can tell a cop that will improve your situation.

FOPA doesnt apply here, guy is an inmate traveling inside the prison. FOPA only works if you're passing through.

-Mike

A week ago I drove from PA to MA with several guns. I planned my fuel, food and pee so I wouldn't have to stop in NJ, NY or CT. I made it into CT before giving in to the bladder[rofl].

And, never give the cop more information than absolutely necessary. There is nothing you can tell a cop that will improve your situation.

I understand the NJ and NY avoidance, but why CT?

So are we supposed to go into Canada and down through Michigan to travel from n
New England to the rest of the USA ??

No handguns allowed through Canada. We're screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

re: travel through states

You're far worse off in NY and don't even think about NYC.

I'm not so concerned about NY, especially staying way from the city. No reason why, just seems like upstate is a different state than NYC.

Back
Top Bottom