• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ - Off-Duty CO Shoots & Kills Craig's List Robber

Authorities say it was a failed robbery involving an off duty Atlantic County Corrections Officer that resulted in the shooting there just before 9:00 Thursday night. 25 year-old Sean Czerwinski was accompanying a family member, who had put headphones up for sale on craigslist, when he was asked to meet in Pleasantville to make a potential sale. "At some point, according to the facts we have now, at least one of the males who came walking down West Jersey Avenue (the men who were interested in buying the item) in discussing the sale, produced a handgun, pointed it at the fellow attempting to sell the headphones and demanded money," said Atlantic County Prosecutor, Ted Housel.

Authorities say moments later, Czerwinski, a two-year veteran at the Atlantic County Jail, opened the door, and fired, killing 20 year-old Richard Roe of Atlantic City, who police say was armed with a fully loaded .22 caliber gun.

>snip<

Authorities say this is the third time in one month that craigslist has been used in Pleasantville to lure people into a robbery situation like this.....

http://www.nbc40.net/news/18410/

Roe had his troubles with the law, including three crimes in 2008. He served more than a year for weapons offenses.

Roe was rearrested on cocaine possession charges on March 23 and was indicted May 3. He was scheduled to be arraigned on the charge July 25.

>snip<

Czerwinski was entitled to carry a handgun under state law as a law-enforcement officer, Housel said, and was qualified to use the weapon. Housel added that federal law encourages off-duty officers to carry their weapons.

Gina Czerwinski disputed part of Housel’s account of Thursday’s incident, saying the headphones belonged to her brother. She also said Sean Czerwinski wore his service weapon and asked Mallick to come with him because he did not feel comfortable going alone......

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_f01b955a-ae82-11e0-9167-001cc4c002e0.html

Last edited:
Czerwinski was entitled to carry a handgun under state law as a law-enforcement officer, Housel said, and was qualified to use the weapon.

Entitled? Screw jersey, it should become our newest nuclear test site.

Gina should STFU.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Does Jersey not realize that in almost every other state we are "Entitled" to carry? And yet the world hasn't ended.

Gah...so many retarded comments on that page

He was just in the process of turning his life around...

Oof Master Dubie Dollaz · Essex County College

Yu cnt always judge a book by its cover richie had a heart for yall who dnt kno him and beside the fact if he did have a gun or not the cop suppose to idenitfie himself before proceeding any action there for he was in the wrng for pulling the trigger no shots where fired at him nor was his life in danger police can cover any thong they wrk that way and never reveal the while truth but take a oath to become a cop and swear to tell the truth and apply to all rules he fail to do so another mother and father lost a child and a lil gurl lost her father r.I.p richie will deg miss yu bro foreva.

[laugh2]

Does Jersey not realize that in almost every other state we are "Entitled" to carry? And yet the world hasn't ended.

It's a "privilege"...

When you accept a law enforcement position you also accept certain risks. These come both on and off duty. This is one of the reasons that law officers are given the very rare privilege, especially in New Jersey, of carrying firearms when not working. While we all don’t exercise this privilege all of the time, it’s nice to be able to put on a weapon when going out with your family to an area where you just might run into persons with whom you have dealings during the performance of your duties.

[thinking]

http://www.njlawman.com/editorials/corrections-carry.htm

He was just in the process of turning his life around...

Oof Master Dubie Dollaz · Essex County College

Yu cnt always judge a book by its cover richie had a heart for yall who dnt kno him and beside the fact if he did have a gun or not the cop suppose to idenitfie himself before proceeding any action there for he was in the wrng for pulling the trigger no shots where fired at him nor was his life in danger police can cover any thong they wrk that way and never reveal the while truth but take a oath to become a cop and swear to tell the truth and apply to all rules he fail to do so another mother and father lost a child and a lil gurl lost her father r.I.p richie will deg miss yu bro foreva.

It's obvious Mr. "Dubie Dollaz" is enrolled in the world famous law program at Essex Community College. Only someone well versed in state and federal law could offer such insight.

And with more penetrating legal insight, I offer you Ms. Darielle Deberry:

plz no he dnt awww correctinal officers ain bad he dnt every rite to pull no fukn trigga nd take anotha life all correctional officer do not carry dey weapon wen dey off duty nd his job manual it says if ur off duty u or not to carry or use ur weapon unless being threatin or sumbody shottin at chu my cousion did not have no weapon nd didnt fire at him dats bs

Not only is Ms. Deberry also a legal scholar, she has done a rigorous, in-depth study of the New Jersey Department of Corrections Employee Handbook.

We should thank both commenters for their penetrating legal insight.

OMFG. These comments in support of the deceased scumbag pretty much sum up much of what is wrong with America at the moment...

Not Mr Weebles, the other moronic quotes that didn't come through on the quote.

It's obvious Mr. "Dubie Dollaz" is enrolled in the world famous law program at Essex Community College. Only someone well versed in state and federal law could offer such insight.

And with more penetrating legal insight, I offer you Ms. Darielle Deberry:

Not only is Ms. Deberry also a legal scholar, she has done a rigorous, in-depth study of the New Jersey Department of Corrections Employee Handbook.

We should thank both commenters for their penetrating legal insight.

Last edited:
I propose a new Federal law,if you can't text or type a response to an article,op ed piece or any other form of written media in plain English with out the outlandish contractions you shall be barred from owning any form of cell phone,blackberry or smart phone till you can prove to be proficient in the English language. Those caught in violation shall be sentenced to learn proper English and supervised use of any of the fore mentioned electronic devices. Violation of supervision is subject to immediate sterilization and lobotomy. I tried to translate a few of the messages and I'm thinking this is what I got to depend on in my twilight years. I think I'm going to be ill.[puke][banghead][banghead]

added my .02 "If someone I knew was killed, while trying to rob some innocent person WITH a gun, then they would have no one to blame but themselves. Maybe if he learned to do legal things to make a living, then be lazy and do illegal things, he wouldnt be compost today."

I just realized,it's not "Hooked on Phonics" it's "Hooked on Ebonics". Wasn't there some moron in Calif. that wanted this "language" taught in schools because English was to tough to master?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least a few of the cretins commenting on the article and/or FaceBook know, or have a pretty good idea, who the thug that got away is.

Of course, being model citizens, they'll step right up and inform the authorities whom to look for.

So I can barely hit a plate from 5 yards, yet I'm supposed to aim at someones leg (which might not do shit even if I hit it) while my adrenaline is pumping and he's pointing a weapon at me, while his buddy is approaching me from the side? I love how they simoultanously believe that we are not qualified to be owning guns, and yet so skilled to make a shot like that. Bro got toasted, end of story.

So I can barely hit a plate from 5 yards, yet I'm supposed to aim at someones leg (which might not do shit even if I hit it) while my adrenaline is pumping and he's pointing a weapon at me, while his buddy is approaching me from the side? I love how they simoultanously believe that we are not qualified to be owning guns, and yet so skilled to make a shot like that. Bro got toasted, end of story.

Go for the butt shot. I heard somewhere that ghetto booty is a bigger target [wink]

Leave it to the media.....

Notice how they tried to "Assaulterize" the action with a lawfully used firearm - with the negative connotation: "Fully Loaded"......

They couldn't throw in the usual "high powered", or "assault weapon" labels, since it was a .22 cal pistol, so they dug up the "fully loaded" phrase, to attempt to create the concept of a menacing weapon....

Notice how they tried to "Assaulterize" the action with a lawfully used firearm - with the negative connotation: "Fully Loaded"......

They couldn't throw in the usual "high powered", or "assault weapon" labels, since it was a .22 cal pistol, so they dug up the "fully loaded" phrase, to attempt to create the concept of a menacing weapon....
? That was in reference to the robber's gun. If anything the quote was to validate the self-defense. It does show the police and media's assumption that, had the robber's gun turned out to be unloaded or a fake, the guy shouldn't have acted in self-defense. 'Cause, you know, we are all able to travel back in time.

Back
Top Bottom