NJ Non-Resident Carry Permit Progress - Court Hearing Scheduled

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I should have our Non Resident NJ Carry Permits next month. Total time from Application Submission to Court Date will be under 90 days. You get your Permit after your Court Hearing.

Once approved, NJ will be our 11th permit to Carry. We have permits for MD, D.C., PA, UT, FL, ME, RI, NH, CT. We are in process for MA, but that one is taking a while.

TIMELINE:

➡️Attempted to find a NJ PTC Training Class in NJ: 7/12/22 Attempt was unsuccessful. None of the NJ Instructors or Ranges I contacted would let me attend a Training Class in NJ without a NJ FID.

➡️Applied online for NJ FID: 7/12/22

➡️Completed NJ PTC Training in Maryland: 7/27/22 by NRA Pistol Instructor

➡️Submitted PTC Application Woodstown NJSP Barracks: 7/28/22

➡️Identogo Fingerprints: 7/28/22

➡️References Called: 8/11/22

➡️Fingerprints Received: Unknown

➡️Background Check Completed: Unknown

➡️PTC Application was completed and "Snail Mailed": 8/15/22 Per NJSP Trooper @ Woodstown Barracks

➡️Money Order Deposited: Not Deposited/Cashed Yet

➡️Letter Received from Superior Court: 9/8/22 Letter has Hearing Date & Time. Must appear IN PERSON at the Superior Court of NJ, Salem County Courthouse

➡️IN PERSON Court Date/Permit Pickup: 10/**/22 (Court Date is the first week of October. I'm not listing the actual Court Date until the hearing is complete)

➡️Permit Issued: Unknown

Last edited:

CATI

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Submitted Application to Woodstown NJSP: 7/28/2022

Identogo Fingerprints Completed: 7/28/2022

References Called: 8/11/2022

Identogo Fingerprints Received by NJSP: Unknown

Background Check Completed: Unknown

Money Order Deposited: No

Contacted for Court Hearing: Unknown

Permit Issued: TBD
What did they ask the references ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did they ask the references ?
Lots of questions about my behavior. They asked how long they knew me, how they knew me, if we were related, and if I had any disabilities that would make me unsuitable to carry a firearm.

rudiewhitebwoy

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Submitted Application to Woodstown NJSP: 7/28/2022

Identogo Fingerprints Completed: 7/28/2022

References Called: 8/11/2022

Identogo Fingerprints Received by NJSP: Unknown

Background Check Completed: Unknown

Money Order Deposited: No

Contacted for Court Hearing: Unknown

Permit Issued: TBD
My Great Aunt lived in Woodstown. South Jersey along the Delaware is a different kinda place. My family has been in Salem County since the late 1600's. My Grandfather was the Mayor of Salem in the 1930's. He was an avid duck hunter, suspected but never caught "Duckin out of Season". He had many Shotguns and maybe a few rifles. He kept his Father-in-law's Webley Bull Dog in his bedside table. First handgun I ever handled, and fired. I must've been eleven or twelve years old, rifling through my grandparents stuff and I found that Pistol, it seemed so heavy. My Grandfather walked in the room and yelled "Hey boy, put that down". I spun around, pulling while pulling the trigger. It made one Hell of a hole in the wall over my grandparents bed. Other than my Pellet Gun and my Dad's Tube Fed Marlin. 22 I had never fired a gun. It scared the crap of me. I remember riding around the County with my Grandmother. It seemed like she would point to every other house and explained how I was related to the occupants. Far too often she would say the her and my Grandfather had many of the same Cousins. Thank God my Mom went to College in Boston and met my Dad. My Dad is first generation American of Sicilian/Finnish ancestry, freshens up the blood.

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bitch to get permits for a right. Just f***ing plain crazy, make sure you get the other permits for your rights in other states.
f***ing insane. Yes, I know following the law.

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wife and I should have our Non Resident NJ Carry Permits next month. Total time from Application Submission to Court Date will be under 90 days. You get your Permit after your Court Hearing.

Once approved, NJ will be our 11th permit to Carry. We have permits for MD, D.C., PA, UT, FL, ME, RI, NH, CT. We are in process for MA, but that one is taking a while.

TIMELINE:

➡️Attempted to find a NJ PTC Training Class in NJ: 7/12/22 Attempt was unsuccessful. None of the NJ Instructors or Ranges I contacted would let me attend a Training Class in NJ without a NJ FID.

➡️Applied online for NJ FID: 7/12/22

➡️Completed NJ PTC Training in Maryland: 7/27/22 by NRA Pistol Instructor

➡️Submitted PTC Application Woodstown NJSP Barracks: 7/28/22

➡️Identogo Fingerprints: 7/28/22

➡️References Called: 8/11/22

➡️Fingerprints Received: Unknown

➡️Background Check Completed: Unknown

➡️PTC Application was completed and "Snail Mailed": 8/15/22 Per NJSP Trooper @ Woodstown Barracks

➡️Money Order Deposited: Not Deposited/Cashed Yet

➡️Letter Received from Superior Court: 9/8/22 Letter has Hearing Date & Time. Must appear IN PERSON at the Superior Court of NJ, Salem County Courthouse

➡️IN PERSON Court Date/Permit Pickup: 10/**/22 (Court Date is the first week of October. I'm not listing the actual Court Date until the hearing is complete)

➡️Permit Issued: Unknown
I’m signed up for the class required to get the permit. I hate NJ with a burning passion but being so close I end up in that shithole every now and again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 states. For discussions sake, assume $300/state for license fee, training course, travel, etc.. That is $3300 repeated on some basis to excercise a constitutional right. That is just not right. :mad:
You are not far off with your estimate.

My wife and I have paid $7626.00 to get those 11 permits.

That does not count time off work or our carry rigs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m signed up for the class required to get the permit. I hate NJ with a burning passion but being so close I end up in that shithole every now and again.
I can relate.

If you are willing to share, please keep us updated on your process.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Any intel on NY State non-res? That's one I'd like to get at some point as I have family in Dutchess County.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any intel on NY State non-res? That's one I'd like to get at some point as I have family in Dutchess County.
I don't think I meet the current requirements for NY as a non resident.

Last I read, I need to own property in NY, rent a place in NY, or run a business in NY to qualify.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
If all of you guys succeed, I'll probably apply. Most of my wife's family is there, so we do at least a couple trips a year.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Last I read, I need to own property in NY, rent a place in NY, or run a business in NY to qualify.
Yeah, same here. I'm wondering if they'll ever be forced to get rid of those requirements. Have been thinking about trying to figure out a way to be added to my dad's house although he's not going to be around for much longer. Would like to be able to carry when the time comes and I have to take care of his affairs.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I may too, I go to Jersey periodically for vacation (friend's shore house)
Hard to believe we might be close to seeing shall issue in NJ. I've been going there for almost 20 years now, never...ever thought a NJ LTC might be obtainable. I will remain cautiously optimistic and watch this thread. Again, thanks guys for keeping us updated on your progress. @SOTAR @JRT

Last edited:

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hard to believe we might be close to seeing shall issue in NJ. I've been going there for almost 20 years now, never...ever thought a NJ LTC might be obtainable. I will remain cautiously optimistic and watch this thread. Again, thanks guys for keeping us updated on your progress. @SOTAR @JRT

My class is at an awesome Philly gun store called Surplus Arme. I guess it’s technically in Chester, PA but it’s such a good spot. If you want to take the course they manage the whole process, not just the course required.

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

As of last week I’m told owning property is not sufficient. I’m trying to get NY too and I’ll update you if I have success.

Op should rename this NJ/NY permit thread or some shit like that.

AKMa3di

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Plenty of people ejnoy permitless carry in NJ. Ever been to Central/North Jersey? The Sopranos is pretty accurate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of people ejnoy permitless carry in NJ. Ever been to Central/North Jersey? The Sopranos is pretty accurate.
I have too much to risk to carry illegally. I'm a FFL and my training company is what puts a roof over our head.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of last week I’m told owning property is not sufficient. I’m trying to get NY too and I’ll update you if I have success.

Op should rename this NJ/NY permit thread or some shit like that.
I will start a separate topic if I ever apply to NY. I have a feeling that's going to be years away.

I'm not surprised NY has moved the goalposts. I'm hoping the courts remedy their antics but Im not holding my breath.

Top Bottom