• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ Man Denied Gun Permit Due To Bad Driving Record

I believe it said suspended 15 times in 15 years. I don't even know how you get that many chances at driving.

You can get your license suspended for all sorts of nonsense unrelated to operation of a motor vehicle. Driver license suspension has become a sort of all-purpose punishment for any behavior that the state doesn't like. Because "driving is a privilege" the state can suspend your license by fiat, without anything resembling due process. In much of the country, you're effectively under house arrest without the ability to operate your own car.

Also, in NJ "careless driving" isn't the equivalent of "operating to endanger" in MA. "careless" is more like "negligent"--i.e. not paying attention. "Reckless driving" is NJ's equivalent of MA "operating to endanger".

Not sure what his driving record has to do with the price of tea in China?

Can they now take away voting rights after someone gets a speeding ticket? 1A? 4A? 5A? WTF?!

Why all the fuss over New Jersey? Massachusetts is just as bad or worse.

A police chief in MA could deny you an LTC because he doesn't like the way you dress or the way you happen to answer a question he might ask you, where you live geographically, or a host of any other reasons.

The "May Issue" is the problem. This has been abused from the start and it is the sole clause that needs to be abolished from the laws, if not the law in its entirety.

Nobody should have to prove their "worthiness" to exercise their rights under any circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom