NJ Magazine Ban applied to LEOs

Wait until the first cross examination of a NJ cop in a NJ courtroom.
Officer what is the capacity of your magazine?
17 rounds
Your honor this officer just admitted to committing a state felony under the color of his office under oath.

They're "trained professionals".
[rofl][puke]
The only "trained professional" LEO that I ever saw shoot very competently was a Secret Service agent.
Recent court case against this very law I believe the court determined they are different because they are "Highly trained" and "More qualified" also I think they said something about how it's a different situation because they need them for their job and the rest of us don't.

Recent court case against this very law I believe the court determined they are different because they are "Highly trained" and "More qualified" also I think they said something about how it's a different situation because they need them for their job and the rest of us don't.
Ok, let's go with that. All issued high capacity magazines get engraved with inventory control numbers and stored in the police station armory. Officers are issued 3 magazines by their supervisor at the start of their shift, for which they sign a receipt (electronically on computer like docusign). At end of shift, the high capacity magazines are returned to the armory. Officer takes his or her weapon home with 10 round magazines. Upon retirement, they enjoy their LEOSA benefit with civilian legal magazines because they are now civilians like the rest of us.

Ok, let's go with that. All issued high capacity magazines get engraved with inventory control numbers and stored in the police station armory. Officers are issued 3 magazines by their supervisor at the start of their shift, for which they sign a receipt (electronically on computer like docusign). At end of shift, the high capacity magazines are returned to the armory. Officer takes his or her weapon home with 10 round magazines. Upon retirement, they enjoy their LEOSA benefit with civilian legal magazines because they are now civilians like the rest of us.

Overall there is no reason for carveouts in the first place and I feel the court was wrong allowing no police to be second class citizens. The training argument is foolish as many of them are terribly trained and barely qualify every once in a while. I do not agree with the decision, simply putting out there that it was recently litigated.

Which is now 10 rounds in NJ. Even LEOSA doesn't help them in NJ. [rofl]

NJ Tells Retired Cops They Can't Carry Guns, Hollow Points, Despite Federal Law - Blue Lives Matter

The only "trained professional" LEO that I ever saw shoot very competently was a Secret Service agent.
There is always Bob Vogel, small town Ohio cop. Multiple time USPSA limited nationals champion, amongst a bunch of other wins.

The only thing "iffy" about him is the endorsement of unproven "vision enhancing vitamins" based on anecdotal evidence that is not only not double blind, but is not single blind either.

There is always Bob Vogel, small town Ohio cop. Multiple time USPSA limited nationals champion, amongst a bunch of other wins.

The only thing "iffy" about him is the endorsement of unproven "vision enhancing vitamins" based on anecdotal evidence that is not only not double blind, but is not single blind either.

Yeah, it's not fair to say all LEO's are untrained and/or crappy shots. The majority are not "Gun guys" but there are always going to be some just as in any profession.

Wait until the first cross examination of a NJ cop in a NJ courtroom.
Officer what is the capacity of your magazine?
17 rounds
Your honor this officer just admitted to committing a state felony under the color of his office under oath.

I don't think you understand how courts and trials and cross examinations work.

This argument would almost be palatable if it was possible for the rest of us to get the same training.

The fact that it’s impossible for little people to do so with the same benefits makes it clear the intent is to separate the King’s Men from the peasants.

This argument would almost be palatable if it was possible for the rest of us to get the same training.

The fact that it’s impossible for little people to do so with the same benefits makes it clear the intent is to separate the King’s Men from the peasants.

Yeah it has little to do with the training unless you are also part of the enforcer class. They don't have carveouts for highly trained veterans do they? It's just insulting reasoning, and the general public either doesn't care at all or would support that reasoning because they have been brainwashed to think that cops spend a lot of time training with this stuff.

They don't need it. I don't want hi cap clips or weapons of war on my streets! They can call SWAT if they need more firepower.

I don't want military-style cops on my streets. They can call the governor and ask to mobilize the National Guard if they need more firepower.

I don't want military-style cops on my streets. They can call the governor and ask to mobilize the National Guard if they need more firepower.

It's one argument I never understood... they say those are weapons of war, meant for nothing but indescriminantly killing as many people as possible....... so your average suburban patrolman needs one???? what kind of mental gymnastics does that logic take...

I remember reading a few years back when the DHS had a solicitation out for select fire SBR's, magically they became not weapons of war, but great personal defense tools useful in urban environments.
edit: found an article referencing the DHS request: If 'Assault Weapons' Are Bad...Why Does DHS Want to Buy 7,000 of Them for 'Personal Defense'?

It's one argument I never understood... they say those are weapons of war, meant for nothing but indescriminantly killing as many people as possible....... so your average suburban patrolman needs one???? what kind of mental gymnastics does that logic take...

I remember reading a few years back when the DHS had a solicitation out for select fire SBR's, magically they became not weapons of war, but great personal defense tools useful in urban environments.
edit: found an article referencing the DHS request: If 'Assault Weapons' Are Bad...Why Does DHS Want to Buy 7,000 of Them for 'Personal Defense'?
More than once Healey has cried about the AR being designed for one purpose, to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time.

Gold medal worthy. But the people that make these arguments are both illogical and hypocrites.

SA just came out with two more 10 mm models. There will be ever more ultra compact very powerful guns on the streets with 10 round mags. Less rounds but far more power. Looks likes SA is following Glock in this endeavor. As magazine restrictions continue, this will be the new trend. 10mm may well replace 9mm in popularity.

At least the statutory definition of "exotic animal"
has a carefully-crafted carve-out
to permit the ongoing exhibition of the Hudson River Whitefish
at traveling circuses, fairs, parades and petting zoos.

i have heard of the Coney Island Whitefish. The Hudson River one must be a related species

BTW, #RobotElephantLivesMatter!

what I really want to know is how is a leo exemption legal in the first place? thats like not being able to buy a pipe wrench because you are not a plumber

They are already doing that with HVAC kit. Not a licensed tech? Can't get a vacuum pump or those valves which work with manifold gauges. Heck can't GET gauges or buy an off the shelf recovery tank .

Back
Top Bottom