• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ Magazine Ban applied to LEOs

I can see it now, on call officers refusing to respond to something because they can't carry the necessary equipment with them. Have to stop home or the station first.

From Evan Nappen:

Warning: Right Now, Every Cop/LEO in Possession of a Murphy Mag is Guilty of Felony-Level Crime, unless they have been CONTINUOUSLY on "actual duty" or "traveling to or from an authorized place of duty" since 12/10. Even if the law is amended, they can still be prosecuted for their prior unlawful possession until the 5 year statute of limitations runs out.

I am glad that NES is still crapping on the police. And deservedly so.

Now, about their family members...

Pasted from Denninger:

I Can Solve This

You are a bunch of thugs intent on screwing people and you deserve to be in prison -- or worse.

If we don't make these changes in the law it is simply a matter of time before 1,000 police officers, politicians or military members are assassinated all at once by a moderate-sized gang of thugs who infiltrate or set up such an "advertising" firm and identify, with 100% accuracy, exactly who 1,000 cops are all across the nation and nail them all at the same time on the same day as they leave their homes to go to work.

Think it won't happen?

YES IT WILL AND WHEN IT DOES I WILL HOIST THIS FLAG

Ha! What a joke. Who is going to enforce that?
Members of paramilitary organizations indulging in parainterservice rivalry.

I bet there's one of those bell-jar YoutUbe channels specializing in bodycam footage.
You know the kind of videos -
"Sheriff's Deputy vs. Housing Cop - Who Will Win?",
"Transit Cop vs. SWAT Team Leader - Who Will Win?", etc., etc.

You know, cops are more likely to break laws than legal gun owners. So maybe this law should stay. It will probably save some idiot driver or cops girlfriend.

I don’t see why cops can’t use S&W model 10s and Ithaca 37s (I won’t make them carry new 870s, I’m not cruel) like they used to. They don’t NEED more firepower than that. And if they do, they can keep it in the station.

I think it should stay as is;
You know, cops are more likely to break laws than legal gun owners. So maybe this law should stay. It will probably save some idiot driver or cops girlfriend.

I don’t see why cops can’t use S&W model 10s and Ithaca 37s (I won’t make them carry new 870s, I’m not cruel) like they used to. They don’t NEED more firepower than that. And if they do, they can keep it in the station.

They don't need it. I don't want hi cap clips or weapons of war on my streets! They can call SWAT if they need more firepower.

They are missing the irony. Since they can only possess it on the way to/from an authorized assignment, it sounds like they could have it with them on the way to or from home. Except that, by having at home, they would then be in violation of the law. Local cop uses "standard" capacity mag at home against a home intruder: " was only home for a lunch break, and on my way back to work". NJSP - come with us. Click-click. Same with troopers at home, and local arrests them. They live there, and get what they deserve.

These asshats have really stepped in it. This isn't going to end well for the grabbers.
There has been a lot of talk about going door to door to enforce the ban, if this happens every person who says "no one is coming for your guns" is going to have to STFTU. Also good luck with that, things will start getting pretty messy.

These asshats have really stepped in it. This isn't going to end well for the grabbers.
There has been a lot of talk about going door to door to enforce the ban, if this happens every person who says "no one is coming for your guns" is going to have to STFTU. Also good luck with that, things will start getting pretty messy.

That's not happening, just like the other 10 times in whatever other garbage state this stuff came up. Most of these laws are paper tigers and they get otherwise well meaning people on the back end when they run their mouth to the police on traffic stops and things of that nature.

Most anti states are otherwise not going to pay the millions of dollars in OT required to have kopsch run around collecting this stuff.

-Mike

There has been a lot of talk about going door to door to enforce the ban, if this happens every person who says "no one is coming for your guns" is going to have to STFTU.

Vee are NOT coming for your gunz! Vee are only coming fur zee hi-kapacity magazhines zat no reazonable, law-abiding zitizen has no need fur! Zigned: Nazi Jersey Staats Polizei

That's not happening, just like the other 10 times in whatever other garbage state this stuff came up. Most of these laws are paper tigers and they get otherwise well meaning people on the back end when they run their mouth to the police on traffic stops and things of that nature.

Most anti states are otherwise not going to pay the millions of dollars in OT required to have kopsch run around collecting this stuff.

-Mike
You "ground" your son for poor grades and he spouts off to his school's SRO about how you are keeping illegal firearm magazines at home. One fight with wife. Probably over something stupid. Wife calls cops and tells them that you are a heavily armed screwball in possession of illegal hi capacity magazines. Your daughter brags to her friends that you have more weapons and ammo than the cops. Unless you live alone like a hermit, there is real danger that even your own family can snitch on you and get you busted for multiple felonies for possession of these magazines.

Maybe, the angle here in MA is to start lobbying for our leos to have the same rules we do regarding magazine capacity and approved handguns. Then let the cops argue all our logical arguments. See how the lawmakers deal with that.

Maybe, the angle here in MA is to start lobbying for our leos to have the same rules we do regarding magazine capacity and approved handguns. Then let the cops argue all our logical arguments. See how the lawmakers deal with that.
I guess that you'd have to do it as a lawsuit? Discriminatory treatment? Even if nothing comes of it, but you hassle them for years in court the way anti-gunners hassle us, it would be something.

what I really want to know is how is a leo exemption legal in the first place? thats like not being able to buy a pipe wrench because you are not a plumber

Recent court case against this very law I believe the court determined they are different because they are "Highly trained" and "More qualified" also I think they said something about how it's a different situation because they need them for their job and the rest of us don't.

Recent court case against this very law I believe the court determined they are different because they are "Highly trained" and "More qualified" also I think they said something about how it's a different situation because they need them for their job and the rest of us don't.
Of course, they don't need them out of state, so it would be great if some MA/VT trooper arrested them while they are on vacation, since you know their magazines weren't "in the state" before the ban enactment. Oh, to be a local cop at in a ski resort town....

Back
Top Bottom