NJ logic on guns now for your dogs too!

The bill also creates penalties for violations and crimes of endangerment under the Endangering Welfare of Children Act for those who violate the stricter statutes.

It's ALWAYS about the children!!!

Will they have the "three bad features" and you're banned rule? Do we bring the dog to the vet to remove the features beyond the limit?

Will we get a stupid congresswoman claiming that nobody needs the tail thing that goes up?

Comments are actually intelligent. One of the requirements is going to be an 8 ft fence. Lots of "So you're going to make me replace my 6 ft fences", one "I can see fencing installers jumping behind this one" and a "Are they going to force all the local zoning boards to change code to allow an 8 ft fence"

An 8' fence? Are they trying to contain a T-Rex? That's ridiculous. My cattle dog mix, one of the most athletic dogs I've met, is happily contained in our 6' fence. My lab mix could never even get close to clearing my 6' fence. More important would actually be going down about 2' underground. He can dig better than a backhoe.

An 8' fence? Are they trying to contain a T-Rex? That's ridiculous. My cattle dog mix, one of the most athletic dogs I've met, is happily contained in our 6' fence. My lab mix could never even get close to clearing my 6' fence. More important would actually be going down about 2' underground. He can dig better than a backhoe.

Not that ridiculous. Had a doberman/rott/other mutt that could clear 6 ft fences as a kid. Edit to note: I don't think he cleared it with a single jump, I think he jumped and then climbed. We had large stones around his run to keep him from digging out, since that is what he tried first.

On the note of the bill, I find it amusing that one of the sponsors admits that it doesn't address the actual problem:

“Although most animals involved in these types of incidents have had a history of being improperly cared for, abused, or neglected, this legislation is not concerned with how a dog is treated in the home or whether it has ever attacked anyone before,” Lampitt said in an emailed press release.

The bill also creates penalties for violations and crimes of endangerment under the Endangering Welfare of Children Act for those who violate the stricter statutes.

It's ALWAYS about the children!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_of_the_children

Think of the children! said:
[h=2]Debate tactic[edit][/h]Authors John Meany and Kate Shuster wrote in their 2002 book Art, Argument, and Advocacy: Mastering Parliamentary Debate that using the phrase "Think of the children" in debate was a type of logical fallacy.[SUP][1][/SUP] They identified this as a form of an appeal to emotion.[SUP][1][/SUP] The authors explained that the debater will use the phrase in an effort to emotionally sway members of the listening public instead of engaging in logical discussion.[SUP][1][/SUP] Meany and Shuster gave as an example: "I know this national missile defense plan has its detractors, but won’t someone please think of the children?"[SUP][1][/SUP] The assessment that use of the exhortation: "Think of the children" is a type of appeal to emotion was echoed by Margie Borschke in an article for the journal Media International Australia incorporating Culture and Policy.[SUP][3][/SUP] Borschke went on to call this methodology a tactic of rhetoric.[SUP][3]
[/SUP]

Didnt read the article, but are they requiring 'smart dogs' now? They can only leave the yard if they have a special RFID collar on or they shut down?

Back
Top Bottom