NJ - Gets New Gun Laws with a stroke of a pen (Phil Murphy)

The worst part about this is that it will give other states more ideas.

It is worth taking the time to read the article and at least skimming the actual text. Permits are only approved by the Chief of Police and go to the Superior Court for review, approval, and issuance. Insanity for sure.

Oh yeah, and their "work is far from done."

Bob

I missed this little goodie:
w. "Assault firearm" means:

(1) The following firearms:
(3) A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

That would define my Mossberg 930 that I use for 3gun as an assault weapon...

Which I brought up with me from GA to CT to play with up here. It's going home with me in the fall. Just one more reason to drive AROUND NJ. JFC.

An Enema of the State?
[rockon]

blink182_large.gif

Incidentally, anyone who lives in Newark, Camden, Bayonne, Jersey City, or any other s**thole city in that state should automatically qualify for a carry permit.

So true. I used to live in Newark. I lived near a park, and one morning while out for a run I ran past some police tape where they found 2 bodies face down. Two girls I knew had their car break down in a shitty part of the city and multiple cops drove by without stopping. And the stories I could tell while on a trauma rotation...

Not that it makes much difference but item 3, handgun permits, seems to read that permits to CARRY a handgun will only be granted if there is a threat. Hopefully this means sport shooters will still be able to purchase and shoot handguns for target practice, hunting, collecting, etc. Incidentally, anyone who lives in Newark, Camden, Bayonne, Jersey City, or any other s**thole city in that state should automatically qualify for a carry permit.

Correct. That law is focusing on carry permit, not purchase permits for handguns. It was already impossible to get a permit anyway so this really did not change anything.

I currently live in Jersey City along the waterfront. It's a nice area but as these new bars pop up, it's starting to draw people out from the ghetto parts of Jersey City and cause problems. The other weekend some thug followed this guy home from a very nice bar and shot him 10x. You definitely need to have your head on a swivel coming home late at night

AT some point, legal gun owners need to take out the hypocrite politicians like gangs take out their competitions. just saying.

This is the main reason why I cancelled my NRA CCW class in NJ. No thank you.. while it's only a 3-1/2 hour drive from where I live, I will fly to TX when the next opening comes up.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:09 PM
Subject: NRA CCW Course - Woodland Park NJ
To:

Thank you for registering for the upcoming NRA CCW Instructor Course. This will be a two day course, one full day of classroom and one full day on the range. Below is a list of required material/gear you will need to bring the course. If you have any questions about the materials please let us know. There will be a written exam and shooting qualification that will be administered during the course. Both of these objectives will be a pass/fail component of the course.

No thank you NJ!

Are the "specific threats" required for permits defined? I imagine them denying anyone other than people who suffer a lethal wound and miraculously survive.

They denied a guy who had been kidnapped with active death threats against so it’s safe to assume that for the ordinary person there is literally nothing that will suffice.

The northeast states are in a "race to the bottom" in regards to the gun laws as each state tries to out do the other for the most stringent gun laws.

I wonder what will happen when they tell the residents to turn in their mag fed .22's. [rofl]

Previews of coming attractions.

Bob

A properly placed headshot with .22lr is still quite lethal. Just sayin.

But yeah, if we get to that point, we're pretty well past go time and someone missed the short bus.

I read the NJ Attorney General sent letters to companies making 80% receivers to stop selling them in NJ.
Hopefully, they tell him to pound sand.

Why are there no laws to prosecute a person who ignores their oath of office. If one can just shit on their oath then why have an oath in the first place. A person whos word is no good is a person who is no good.

Look at all the states passing similar laws. These piece of shit Democrats have found a way to whittle away at our constitutional rights under the guise of saving us from the mentality disturbed. Who is going to say “no I don’t want psychotic people banned from owning guns” even though it can be anyone for any reason someone sees fit.

Even the schools are drilling the “guns are bad” shit in children’s heads at an early age to combat the older gun community.

NJ did't pass anything. The Governor is issuing rules by decree way outside the power of executive orders and completely in the face of separation of powers and the constitutional (state & federal) prohibition of ipso facto law.

If Maura ever became Governor she'd be doing this shit on a daily basis on almost anything she could think of and the legislature here would be standing and clapping more than the Politburo back when Stalin was merrily sending millions to concentration camps in Siberia.

NJ Doesn’t Say How It Will Enforce Magazine Confiscation After Court Upholds Law

Judge Patty Shwartz, an Obama appointee, wrote for the majority that the law serves a legitimate public safety purpose.

"Today we address whether one of New Jersey's responses to the rise in active and mass shooting incidents in the United States—a law that limits the amount of ammunition that may be held in a single firearm magazine to no more than ten rounds—violates the Second Amendment, the Fifth Amendment's Takings Clause, and the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause," she wrote. "We conclude that it does not. New Jersey's law reasonably fits the State's interest in public safety and does not unconstitutionally burden the Second Amendment's right to self-defense in the home. The law also does not violate the Fifth Amendment's Takings Clause because it does not require gun owners to surrender their magazines but instead allows them to retain modified magazines or register firearms that have magazines that cannot be modified. Finally, because retired law enforcement officers have training and experience that makes them different from ordinary citizens, the law's exemption that permits them to possess magazines that can hold more than ten rounds does not violate the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause."

[bold text mine]

NJ Doesn't Say How It Will Enforce Magazine Confiscation After Court Upholds Law

1) Guns can be seized from a dangerous person on Judge's Order
2) Guns can be taken from a person due to mental illness
3) Handgun permits only granted to people facing specific threat
4) Expanded background Checks for gun sales
5) Armor-Piercing bullets ban
6) 10 bullets max in most gun magazines

Murphy vows N.J. will be 'a leader in the fight' for gun control
I cannot see 3 standing up to a court challenge. Maybe one could make the argument that NJ is crime ridden and therefore most residents should be allowed the permit.

officers have training and experience

Maybe we can train them to drive drunk so they can be exempt from the drunk driving laws too.

Does this mean that the people who trained the police are exempt too?

Only solution is taxpayer payed training for everyone who wants normal capacity mags.

Back
Top Bottom