• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NJ - Gets New Gun Laws with a stroke of a pen (Phil Murphy)

their laws were already restrictive. Now they will not allow anyone to own guns. So much for freedom.

4. (New section) Any person who legally owns a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds or a large capacity ammunition magazine as defined under subsection y. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days from the effective date of this act. During this time period, the owner of the semi-automatic rifle or magazine shall:

a. Transfer the semi-automatic rifle or magazine to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess that firearm or magazine;

b. Render the semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable; or

c. Voluntarily surrender the semi-automatic rifle or magazine pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.2C:39-12.

At least they've moved beyond "Look, we aren't taking anyone's guns"

1) Guns can be seized from a dangerous person on Judge's Order
2) Guns can be taken from a person due to mental illness
3) Handgun permits only granted to people facing specific threat
4) Expanded background Checks for gun sales
5) Armor-Piercing bullets ban
6) 10 bullets max in most gun magazines

Not that it makes much difference but item 3, handgun permits, seems to read that permits to CARRY a handgun will only be granted if there is a threat. Hopefully this means sport shooters will still be able to purchase and shoot handguns for target practice, hunting, collecting, etc. Incidentally, anyone who lives in Newark, Camden, Bayonne, Jersey City, or any other s**thole city in that state should automatically qualify for a carry permit.

who's going to be the victim for the court challenge? They just outlawed M1 carbines and Ruger 10/22

Last edited:
So the goal of New Jersey's governor is that only law enforcement and criminals will carry handguns.
This somehow makes the average citizen safer?

People who legally owned "large capacity" fixed magazine rifles and "large capacity" magazines MUST divest themselves of them?
(BTW that's "STANDARD CAPACITY" in the real world)

I cannot imagine why anyone who owns a firearm would want to live there.
But for anyone who does, this taking of their rights in the name of "safety" is just insane.

The governor has just made it even easier for the predators while patting himself on the back.
Ahole.

ANJRPC SUES TO OVERTURN NEW MAGAZINE BAN, WITHIN MINUTES OF IT BEING SIGNED BY GOVERNOR
June 13, 2018 — Before the ink from Governor Murphy’s pen was dry on newly enacted legislation banning firearms magazines above ten rounds, ANJRPC filed suit in federal court to overturn the new law.

“This unconstitutional law will be ignored by criminals and madmen, and affects only law-abiding citizens,” said ANJRPC executive director Scott Bach. “It turns one million people into criminals with the stroke of a pen, limits self-defense, and takes away property lawfully acquired,” continued Bach. “Buy it yesterday, ban it today, go to prison tomorrow – it’s the Jersey way, and the goal of our lawsuit is to boot this law, which makes no one safer, into the trash heap of history where it belongs.”

ANJRPC’s lawsuit highlights the many constitutional infirmities in New Jersey’s magazine ban. A federal court in California recently enjoined the operation of a similar magazine ban and ANJRPC believes New Jersey’s ban will meet a similar end – especially if the case reaches the United States Supreme Court. A link to the complaint in the case is available on ANJRPC’s website at www.anjrpc.org

So the goal of New Jersey's governor is that only law enforcement and criminals will carry handguns.
This somehow makes the average citizen safer?

People who legally owned "large capacity" fixed magazine rifles and "large capacity" magazines MUST divest themselves of them?
(BTW that's "STANDARD CAPACITY" in the real world)

I cannot imagine why anyone who owns a firearm would want to live there.
But for anyone who does, this taking of their rights in the name of "safety" is just insane.

The governor has just made it even easier for the predators while patting himself on the back.
Ahole.

Exactly! I mean, the thousands of innocent bystanders that are killed when the police and badguys are having a safe shootout and some CC warrior wanders in and starts spraying and praying like he's trying out for Bullet Bukake.

Seems to me that this is yet another "we're gonna stuff this. . . and then when the USSC makes a final ruling in 2-3 years, all of this will be moot and someone can light their christmas yule log with it." But they can SAY they did something. And a % of Americans nearing 1/3 will wander around thinking the USSC is crazy. (Scary is, I think I know almost everyone IN that 1/3 of Americans. LOL)

The liberal Governors in the very liberal states are going to start to try to out due each other on who has the most oppressive (ie) (common-sense gun safety laws) this is just the beginning. This is the fate of the future of the citizens of these states.
I think this is what will happen in this state if we end up voting in a very liberal Democratic Governor. It could get even worse then it is now with Faker Baker. The beading harts in these and this state will stand behind these decisions and applaud the politicians for making them feel safe.

Last edited:
Are the "specific threats" required for permits defined? I imagine them denying anyone other than people who suffer a lethal wound and miraculously survive.

1) Guns can be seized from a dangerous person on Judge's Order
2) Guns can be taken from a person due to mental illness
3) Handgun permits only granted to people facing specific threat
4) Expanded background Checks for gun sales
5) Armor-Piercing bullets ban
6) 10 bullets max in most gun magazines

Murphy vows N.J. will be 'a leader in the fight' for gun control

I wonder if this will have any effect on even one of the many gangbangers living in Camden, which is one of America's most dangerous cities ?

Well banning armorpeircing rounds a second time is sure to be more effective than the first ban.. now its double illegal.

The northeast states are in a "race to the bottom" in regards to the gun laws as each state tries to out do the other for the most stringent gun laws.

I wonder what will happen when they tell the residents to turn in their mag fed .22's. [rofl]

Previews of coming attractions.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom