NJ Drops ‘Justifiable Need’ Requirement for Concealed Carry Following SCOTUS 2A Ruling

Someone in another thread posted the requirements.

Multiple gun classes + justification + recommendations ... and a bunch of other junk.
The cash tips and campaign contributions are on the unwritten list of requirements in many "may issue" jurisdictions.:D
Sort of like Boston's unwritten rule that only lawyers, doctor, rich people and favored licensed instructors.

For now, but if she winds up being the one which gets SCotUS to say, "Well we gave guidance and left it up to the states -but you still didn't listen, so CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY IT IS"; Maura will wind up going down in history as the harpy that undid it all for them. Even having the previously friendly to her 1st circuit step with the text & history standard to tell Maura her shit's f***ed up and she's retarded wouldn't be a good look for her.

You know at this point I'm honestly starting to think that the gun grabbing left wants constitutional carry, just only when they're ready to say it so they sound magnanimous. I'm guess that there are going to be federal lawsuits coming up and it all depends on how hard she wants to fight it. If she fights it all the way to scotus I think they are are going to wipe out all permits. I just don't see the current skullduggery standing. There's plenty of example of cops who tried to deny licenses in the past of people with good standing. It's not going to be very hard to come up with a case.

How many other Constitutional Rights come with a "must have justifiable need" clause... ??? 🤔
Abortions. You have to demonstrate that you are actually pregnant in order to get one. They aren't just handing them out to everyone.

(Obviously a joke, but disclaimer stands because otherwise someone will freak out.)

I dont know. To be honest, I dont really care. I was there to get my LTC, I would call her whatever she wants to be called for the 5 minutes I am in there.
Understood, but it changes the entire character of the statement "licensing officer had trouble getting LTC".

Lowell changed things up a few years ago and they now issue unrestricted LTCs of you jump thru a few extra hoops. 3 letters of recommendation, an additional training class, and a letter. I know that it sucks to do the extra, but now folks can get unrestricted without a special circumstance
While SCOTUS didn't rule out safety testing,
subjective suitability oughta get broomed from the state statute
in such a way that the towns can't pile on BS.
Nip that in the bud.

But if the person is not a cop are they referred to as officer?
"Records Supervisor".
Unquote.

Abortions. You have to demonstrate that you are actually pregnant in order to get one. They aren't just handing them out to everyone.

(Obviously a joke, but disclaimer stands because otherwise someone will freak out.)
I'm being a dick here....but its because the idiots all over TV were calling Abortion a constitutional right that was taken away.

It was never a constitutional right........please remember that.

Out 2A rights however are....and are STILL restricted state by state.....so you abortion advocates.......Welcome to the Party Pal !!!!!

I'm being a dick here....but its because the idiots all over TV were calling Abortion a constitutional right that was taken away.

It was never a constitutional right........please remember that.

Out 2A rights however are....and are STILL restricted state by state.....so you abortion advocates.......Welcome to the Party Pal !!!!!
welcome_to_the_party_pal.gif

See ya in court bitch bag
You won't see her. She can blab all she wants....... Youll be seeing the town in court get sued.....and losing. She knows that.....

Most towns will not even want to deal with it, and just give out the unrestricted licenses.....because in the end the its the taxpayers in that town paying the million dollar civil right lawsuit.

Guess you could sue the state and collect more money...but she doesn't care anyway.

We should be able to sue these fxcking retards for their own money....then shit would get real.

In some towns a clerk-type handles all the paperwork and process. I think the CLEO, or designated LEO, still has to sign as the licensing authority, but they don't do the process. Last I knew that's how it was in my town.
In Leominster woman is civilian town worker.

Elections have Consequences, who said that? 🖕

How come hollow points in NJ are too dangerous for civilians to possess but not in any other state?

Que up the media: News Flash: NJ bans hollowpoints but allows anti-zombie ammo.
I would love to hear ATF Special Agent Richard Beazit explaining the subtle distinctions
mqdefault.jpg

Police Chief Patrick Gurcsik ... says the idea of more people with carry permits​
brings him concern for his officers.​
"Because they're entering situations where they don't know now​
whether or not someone is concealed carry even though it is licensed," said Gurcsik.​

giphy_s.gif

Arsenal Gun Shop ... Owner Tom Vadurro said He's also​
in favor of adding a safety training requirement.​

#Nullo

Washington Township police are trying to remind people that​
you still need a permit to carry a handgun, and all the other requirements for​
a carry permit are still in play. That includes a background check, a mental health check,​
three references, and passing a qualification at a gun range.​

Washington Township police should prepare to be disappointed...

Gurcsik says if they see that many more applications​
they may have to add another officer to the firearms unit​
to process the applications.​

Cry me a river.

Back
Top Bottom