• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nit Picking....

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
At my local library, there's a Christmas -themed display of military stuff: WWI and WWII era cartoons, front-line holiday menus, etc. There's also a piece of "Trench Art", titled, "Cartridge in a Bare Tree". It's a twig with a .50 cal case and a link from a disintegrating belt.

Now, we all know that the case requires an FID or better....but what about the link? IIRC a fabric belt for MG ammo can be interpreted as a hi-cap feeding device....so....at what poiint would links also become one? Eleven of them together? WOuld they have to be on live ammo, or would fired cases be just as evil?

This is the sort of thing that bothers me.

You need to call the police, use a payphone if you could find one, also nit picking would be if you were upset over calling it a cartridge in a tree when it is a case.

I'm serious about calling it in too because unless the masses learn how asinine your firearms laws are you will never get them changed.

Actually, I did, for a moment, consider throwing the library under the bus....but, it was in a locked glass case, so it was stored properly. [rolleyes] That and I like the library. It was also an intersting display, with stuff going back to the Boer War. I guess the educational message took priority over sending a message.

As for the incorrect technical nomenclature....I'll give it poetic license. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom