• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nipmuc R&G all alcohol license

One club I was seeking membership at had a vending machine with beer in it. I don’t see the problem.. other then it was a fudd range

Yall must be fun at parties.

I don't mix guns and booze.

All I can say is, there might be some liability on the club if someone is overserved, drives home and causes a crash, than they get charged with CUI trying to unload a gun from the car being towed to a car not being towed.

I don’t see how $24k per year could cover the cost of a bartender.
bartenders are members. and we're only open 4-9 on weeknites, 1-9 on weekends. There are members there that I've never ever seen at the range or on the pond.. just there for the cheap drinks.

I have mixed feelings since it's hard to separate booze and the range's purpose.
I recall being an instructor at a club that had an open bar while a handgun training class was going on in an adjacent room. When an instructor asked if the bar could quiet down, a BOD member sitting at the bar yelled at him "we don't need you". The training program eventually went to another club. Rob knows the initial club.
Also while a member of that clubs .22 bullseye team and league of that club we traveled to other clubs in the league. At one match a shooter from the home team withdrew from the firing line during slow fire. He was drunk and weaving so much he couldn't hold his gun steady enough to aim.
My feelings are that it's a fine line clubs may have a hard time with.
That guy was probably a raging alcoholic and would have been sauced anyway.

Back
Top Bottom