• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Niki Tsongas Gun Ban Survey

ahh... like I said, I think this was sent to "the faithful" and I'd bet Obamabucks that, if coded correctly, the survey page checks the "forwarding URL" for the content of the email to make sure it isn't trolled.

Mike, I received this and I am definitely not one of her faithful. I am in her district and I receive her newsletter under the know thy enemy mindset. I am also unenrolled.

Mike, I received this and I am definitely not one of her faithful. I am in her district and I receive her newsletter under the know thy enemy mindset. I am also unenrolled.
Obviously, their measure of "faithful" is imperfect, but with a scarlet "R" I didn't get one from within her district as well (despite getting other of her solicitations in the past).

The more important aspect is the coding of the email/poll which would be able to tell if you were "forwarded" from one of their solicitations vs linked from other source.

I think the survey was created so that she'll say at the end of the vote that 90% of the people said they wanted background checks and to ban high capacity magazines. Even though it isn't true. And the actual printed results will some how be unobtainable, accidently become shredded, but trust her.

Results of the survey:
Congresswoman Niki Tsongas : Niki in the news : Tsongas and Koutoujian: Not too late to curb gun violence
Congresswoman Niki Tsongas : Latest Issues Survey

Surprise, surprise! Polling the choir resulted in an echo of her own views!

Everyone, sign up for her newsletter (and all your other rep's newsletters), don't let this happen again.

Here is what I sent her in response
Hello,

I'm emailing you in regards to your recent "Gun Violence Prevention" survey. I was notified about the survey by a friend, but unfortunately that meant by the time I signed up for your newsletter it was already too late for me to participate.

I think it is quite reasonable to assume that 1) most people in the district are not subscribed to your newsletters and 2) the people that are subscribed consist almost exclusively of your supporters. As such, there is no reason to believe that any polling you do by this method is representative of the people in the district. You are polling the choir, in an echo chamber! Attempting to draw any conclusions from this data is at best disingenuous.

I would now like to submit my answers for the survey:

1) I strongly oppose "Universal Background Checks". I have not seen any proposals for this that do not ban private sales or do not include gross privacy violations. Even the ACLU opposes this, which is telling because they are historically not supporters of the 2nd amendment.
2) I strongly oppose banning the STANDARD capacity magazines you refer to. I couldn't help but notice the clever framing of the question, so here is my rewrite: "Do you support banning standard capacity magazines, like the kind millions of peaceful law abiding citizens across the nation prefer to use with many common firearms to defend themselves murderers and rapists.

Finally, what is the purpose of such a poll? My civil rights should not be subject to a popularity contest! That is the entire reason why this great nation is Constitutional Republic with a Bill Of Rights - to protect the rights of minority from the majority, or the rights of a majority from a motivated minority.

I hope you will take these points in to consideration.

Sincerely,
jefftk

this poll and her is a exercise in futility, if a AWB was to be voted on today she would vote for it .....twice....

She's still at it, heres a letter.from her today supporting HR138 among others

Sent from the blind

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395694066897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395694066897.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 73
Says in first paragraph "I support firearms for sport or personal protection" and in the bottom most paragraph says "high capacity magazines have no sporting purpose" and should therefore be banned. Do these people proof read what they've written?

Eh, she learned a trick or three about how to stay in office as a democrat. Hand out someone else's money to unions and clo the doors when your opposition shows up.

She does this well...

She is not union friendly and to be honest I think she is the female Markey and neither BTW are union endorsed.

I think Marlarkey is more of a manly Tsongas. She living proof we need term limits of 1 term per idiot errr I mean democrat

Sent from the blind

I received a survey from her office via email, not sure but the url may be unique, check it out here and send yourself and friends the survey via the "Please Feel Free to Tell a Friend" box on the right

I voted 10 or 11 times, how many others did the same on both sides
The woman is an ass hat!

Back
Top Bottom