Nike...Another reason not buy their products

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
I don't buy any of their products anyway. Didn't long before the CK episode (or saga since it seems to be continuing). So I really don't need 'another' reason to not purchase anything they make.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks like Nike is at it again They use sweatshop labor to make their product and sell it at 1000% markup to Americans but they agree your flag is racist.

Please spend your money wisely!

Nike dropped Betsy Ross-themed Fourth of July sneaker after Colin Kaepernick complained, report says
When companies allow celebrities to dictate their business it usually spells the beginning of the end for the company ...

Unless this was all planned (would not surprise me).

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
This really is a clown world, multi-million dollar company bows to some guy that wasn't good at football. Usually spokespeople are big stars, Gronkowski, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, etc.

EC1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if all these attempts to eliminate history are successful we will be left without past knowledge to guide us and likely in a state of total anarchy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does no one see the irony in he's concerned about the "connotations about slavery" the sneakers may or may not have, but he's shilling for a company that makes their products using labor in conditions that are barely a step above slave labor? Is he really that blind to reality...or is it that they're paying him enough to be blind to that fact?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Does no one see the irony in he's concerned about the "connotations about slavery" the sneakers may or may not have, but he's shilling for a company that makes their products using labor in conditions that are barely a step above slave labor? Is he really that blind to reality...or is it that they're paying him enough to be blind to that fact?
$$$$$$ ... that's what it is all about.

It's like the Hollywood actors that hate guns but make all their money making movies with guns and explosions.

Or when they tell us to lower our carbon footprint but then fly private jets, own several sports cars that maybe get 10mpg and have several 6000+ sqft homes consuming more electricity than the average person consumes in a year.

Do as I say, not as I do.

And I bet this whole thing is most likely a marketing stunt organized by Nike.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Some good news coming out of this, someone with a set of balls

Ducey to Yank AZ Nike Plant Push After 'Betsy Ross Flag' Shoes Pulled

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey (R) announced Tuesday morning he has directed the Arizona Commerce Authority to cancel all financial incentives for Nike’s planned manufacturing plant in the Grand Canyon State.
Ducey said his decision was made in response to a Wall Street Journal report stating former NFL anthem-protester and Nike pitchman Colin Kaepernick pressured Nike to pull its America-themed 4th of July sneakers featuring the “Betsy Ross” flag because he and others found the design to be offensive. “Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured an old version of the American flag,” a company spokesperson said in a statement to CNN of the decision

In a series of tweets, Ducey expressed his disappointed in Nike’s decision to nix the shoes and explained his decision to withdraw incentives to the company.

“Words cannot express my disappointment at this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike,” Ducey wrote on Twitter. “Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government and free enterprise have allowed them to prosper and flourish.”

“Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism. It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it,” the Arizona Governor continued. “Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours. I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here. Arizona’s economy is doing just fine without Nike. We don’t need to suck up to companies that consciously denigrate our nation’s history.

“And finally, it shouldn’t take a controversy over a shoe for our kids to know who Betsy Ross is. A founding mother. Her story should be taught in all American schools. In the meantime, it’s worth googling her,” he added.

According to the Arizona Republic, Nike has plans to invest at least $184.5 million into the plant. The move is estimated to create more than 500 full-time jobs as well as $7.7 million in direct revenue for the area. The plant’s overall economic impact is said to be valued at more than $483 million in its first five years of operation.

Kaepernick, then with the San Francisco 49ers, sparked a wave of protests about social and racial injustice in 2016 by kneeling during the national anthem at games. Since then, Nike hired him to be the face of its “Just Do It” ad campaign with the slogan: “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

The Journal previously reported,“The campaign generated a backlash among some consumers, who began torching Nike shoes and cutting its swoosh logo out of gear. The protests were countered by expressions of support for Nike.

“Since the ad was released, Nike has posted higher sales, boosted by strong demand in both the U.S. and China. In the fourth quarter, sales rose 4% to $10.18 billion. Its share price has climbed more than 15% so far this year,” the newspaper added.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
1. I can't not buy their products in boycott if I never buy their products. Tennis shoes are for boys. Men wear boots or shoes depending on their job.

2. I used to think that Bagger 236 mining machine was the biggest tool ever made. Kaperdick exceeds that.

3. While #2 above is valid, I have to sit and wonder: Did Nike invent all of this on their own?? They never intended to make the shoe. It's all part of a marketing campaign???? I could COMPLETELY see that in 2019. All press is good press and all that. I'm not sure that's 100% true. Sure, Trump has used it to his advantage. But it polarizes people. I'm not sure there are tons of folks that are anti-Betsy Ross out there thinking, "Yeah. F the man, Nike!"

4. Betsy Ross never made the flag. Just like Columbus wasn't the first Euro to Murrica. Although that is completely irrelevant.

EDIT - Oooh, 500 whole jobs in Arizona. Wow. Talk about a massive outlay, Nike. Take it and pound sand muddahtruckahs.

Mattyweb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DnwQt4lX4AAzfAS.jpg graph-1-nike.png
I have seen these charts circulating. Not sure of their source or validity. Makes me wonder if they are trying to help Trump with all this crap. Looks to me like Adidas is the one to buy if you had to, as they seem to be trying to stay out of politics.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
if all these attempts to eliminate history are successful we will be left without past knowledge to guide us and likely in a state of total anarchy.
Except that I don't consider a shoe manufacturer a promoter of history. [laugh]

Reactions: AHM

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
View attachment 291468 View attachment 291469
I have seen these charts circulating. Not sure of their source or validity. Makes me wonder if they are trying to help Trump with all this crap. Looks to me like Adidas is the one to buy if you had to, as they seem to be trying to stay out of politics.
Not too sure on that scale. I thought Jim Davis of NB was a D. However we all know if you want to play in Boston you're going to line a few D pockets to get anything done.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
View attachment 291468 View attachment 291469
Source? I find it fascinating because UA has a hunting line.

I also believe that nike would pander to their demo. I would if I wanted to stay in business

mjbitt

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We have come so far with racism in this country in the last 50 years or so for the better. I think it could be better Yes but I guess, However these scumbag democrats, are using it to round up the stupid voters. and there is to many of them

Cipher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool. I might have to pay reparations AND have my flag spat on to pay for non existent sins. By who? Nike? I am sure your third world laborers are so relieved to hear this decision. Wew!

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I own 1 pair of Nike's, its the only shoes I have that make my back, leg and feet hurt every time I wear them for even just minimal walking. I'm only 37 and they make me feel like I'm 77.

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was surprised to learn that the "Betsy Ross flag" is racist. I would have thought that someone on this site would have clued me in.

Top Bottom