"Nightside" topic WBZ tonight - Gun Control

yanici

NES Member
WBZ Radio 1030 AM tonight 8PM-12AM on Nightside with Dan Ray. One of the topics will be gun control. It looks like it might be the second segment of the show starting at 9PM but I'm not sure. Here's what the email to me from WBZ said:

How Do You Feel About Gun Control? It’s an issue that pops up in American politics again and again. Adam Winkler, UCLA Law Professor, is in studio to talk about the battle that has been waged over the Second Amendment. Through exploration of the Constitution and landmark Supreme Court decisions, Winkler will talk about the highly contested issue from both sides of the aisle. Where do you stand? Call in and join the conversation!

WBZ Radio 1030 AM tonight 8PM-12AM on Nightside with Dan Ray. One of the topics will be gun control. It looks like it might be the second segment of the show starting at 9PM but I'm not sure. Here's what the email to me from WBZ said:

How Do You Feel About Gun Control? It’s an issue that pops up in American politics again and again. Adam Winkler, UCLA Law Professor, is in studio to talk about the battle that has been waged over the Second Amendment. Through exploration of the Constitution and landmark Supreme Court decisions, Winkler will talk about the highly contested issue from both sides of the aisle. Where do you stand? Call in and join the conversation!

Great, a gun control chat with a UCLA law professor who represented Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson.

Here is a good quote from this nimrod:

"Why is our image of the Wild West so wrong? Largely for the same reason these towns adopted gun control laws in the first place: economic development. Residents wanted limits on guns in public because they wanted to attract businesspeople and civilized folk. What prospective storeowner was going to move to Deadwood if he was likely to be robbed when he brought his daily earnings to the bank?"

So, I guess mr. Winkler believes that guns in public means that you're likely to be robbed when going to the bank. Guess he's never been to Boston, DC, Chicago, or any of the other hell holes with the most restrictive laws in the nation. Wait. He's a professor at UCLA. Scratch the notion that he's never been to a violent hell hole with restrictive gun laws.

Here is another one for you:

"We've always had a right to bear arms, but we've also always had gun control. Even in the Wild West, Americans balanced these two and enacted laws restricting guns in order to promote public safety. Why should it be so hard to do the same today?"

What a fool. A fool on the run trying to promote his book wherever he can take advantage of the ignorant. Excuse me if I refuse to give him the time of day.

Last edited:
Well, Winkler just stated that suitability is unconstitutional and should be abolished. I almost called in to argue with him but he is on board with that so no need.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think the guy is a complete dbag so far. At least he thinks the individual discretion bs that we have in ma is wrong.
See where things go when they start taking the calls now. [thinking]

Not a good show. Disinformation on what the different licenses in MA allow. Dan Ray blatantly said that an FID was for pepper spray and that's all. Caller from Wakefield spouted false info on what an FID was also. It was a very ill planned, inaccurate show.

He's not bad on ALL gun control issues. Most gun control supporters are not. Most gun control supporters are willing to throw you a bone on certain things that they're okay with. But, its not theirs to be okay with. The right is mine, and it shall not be infringed. NO COMPROMISE. What we have in this country, particularly the liberal states, IS compromise. And any compromise is an infringement.

Gun control does not stop crime. If anything, it causes more of it. Anyone who believes in meeting half way on the issue is all in favor of one way, in my opinion. And that one way is the way I disagree with.

I found it a serious disappointment. He claimed to want to look at both sides, but had an disguised anti slant. Of all the radios I have, only my car could pick it up out here. Waste of gas. [angry]

All the mistakes about licenses had me ranting at the radio. Good thing I wasn't in the house

Last edited:
Sent off an email to the show this morning asking that Dan get a look at it. It more or less tells him the correct info in FID, LTC-A, and LTC-B licenses as quoted from the GOAL web page. Dan Rea, the Nightside host, is not stupid but he was ill prepared for the discussion on gun control last night.

Back
Top Bottom