• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Night Trap Shooting?

Hi,
Just starting to get into trap and having a blast.

My club does trap Saturdays/Sundays and Wednesdays starting in May.

I've seen videos of places where people were shooting at night under lights and it looked really fun!

Are there trap ranges that do this in the MA/NH area? Particularly ones that allow a non-member to pay by the round? I would like to do this occasionally and not have to buy a membership since my club has such an active trap program already.

Thanks!

Hi Tiktock-

My club, http://www.nimrodleague.org/ , has trap and skeet every Thursday night from 6-9. I'm pretty sure it's open to the public. Location is between Princeton and Holden, MA- so not terribly far from the NH border. Burgers & dogs available, maybe something better occasionally (?). Decent skeet facility and a few nice trap positions. Laid back place for the most part.

I'd offer to join but blew up my shoulder ski racing this winter. I can't shoot anything stronger than a mouse-fart caliber until after surgery + recovery.

8 Point Sportsman's Club in Sterling, MA has trap/skeet from 6-9 PM every Thursday year round I believe, it's been about a year since I've shot a round there. Great group of guys and gals!

Back almost 40 yrs ago I did this at Franklin County League of Sportsmens Club in Deerfield, MA. It was Summer and the mosquitos had more hits on me than I did on the birds however. [Don't remember which night as I was stuck in Greenfield on business for 6 straight weeks and one night was the same as another back then!]

Last I knew, Sharon F&G runs either/both skeet and trap on Wednesday evenings under the lights.

Hanson R&G every weds night under the lights. Sundays starting at 1:00. Open to the public.

Danvers has a great night setup for trap.

Do they allow non-members? I work literally 30 seconds from DF&G and it would be crazy convenient after work....

Thanks everyone for these responses! I'm going to look into a number of them and figure out what will be most convenient!

Back
Top Bottom