Beretta Vertec (has rail):

Steamlight M6 (Light with laser)
Hogue Grip
Stainless Steel Guide Rod.
Enhanced Trigger spring
1+15 round Speer JHP
Plus two more 15 rd mags with JHP

FireArms031205011.jpg

i keep a glock 20 loaded under one of the pillows on my bed that way if anyone was ever in my room they cant see my grabbing it untill its to late and no i dont sleep with my hand on the trigger and its not the pillow i sleep on so thats for all the idiots that are going to make stupid comments about accidentally firing the gun off in my sleep

i keep a glock 20 loaded under one of the pillows on my bed that way if anyone was ever in my room they cant see my grabbing it untill its to late and no i dont sleep with my hand on the trigger and its not the pillow i sleep on so thats for all the idiots that are going to make stupid comments about accidentally firing the gun off in my sleep

Period: A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations.

Take from that what you wish [wink].

Do you know this guy?

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65007[rolleyes]

we'll be reading about you

Be a good little sheep and keep your bedside gun locked up at night. I wish you the best when you wake to see someone standing at the foot of your bed.

Thats what alarms and dogs who like to bark at anything moving near the home are for. If someone can get into the house past the alarm system, up 3 flights of squeaky stairs without waking the dog, then he was going to beat me to that gun because if I wasn't awake by the the time he got in the room, its not very likely I was going to wake up in the couple of steps it would take to cross the room.

Thats what alarms and dogs who like to bark at anything moving near the home are for. If someone can get into the house past the alarm system, up 3 flights of squeaky stairs without waking the dog, then he was going to beat me to that gun because if I wasn't awake by the the time he got in the room, its not very likely I was going to wake up in the couple of steps it would take to cross the room.

You live on the third floor..........that's nice. I live in a ranch where the neighbors can't see the house and anyone with a knife can cut the screens and step into my bedroom. I think I'll keep mine readily accessible. Trust me, a nice steak will shut any dog up long enough to dispatch it. BAAAAAH

Last edited:
I get around the MA safe storage laws by sleeping inside a secure container, it's a metal coffin with a bed inside that can only be opened from the inside normally. The steel protects up to .308 Win AP. I have a camera and a small LCD screen so if I hear someone coming I can turn it on to see what's going on out there. There is also a small gun port from which I can aim one of my pistols through. In case of emergency I push a button and the coffin will stand itself up via a hydraulic cylinder operating off a charged pressure tank. This enables me to sleep laying down but in the event of an attack the coffin will "stand" so I can more easily assess any threats, and fire back if needed, but I really only would have to shoot at home invaders who have blowtorches or plasma cutters. I will tell you one thing, that sucks though, if one of the home invaders shoots at the coffin the noise of that bullet bouncing off the steel is very loud. I keep a set of earmuffs in there in case one of the douchebags tries to use it as target practice while I am still inside. That usually is not a problem because you just fire a few rounds off through the gun port and that scares em off. Criminals do not like target enclosures that fire back. [wink] One problem with this design is it's not revolver friendly. The "noise" that comes out of the cylinder gap would be deafening, so the gun port is really limited to use of bottom feeders.

-Mike

Last edited:
Mike, how the hell did you get into my bedroom to steal my idea!?!?!

YOUR idea? I drew that up on a bar napkin after I ingested a couple of manhattan's one night. (or was it three?) [wink] Now I guess I know what happened to that napkin.

Rev 2.is gonna have a small LCD television set and a DirecTV DVR inside it. This way I can even watch THE UNIT and 24 from inside the coffin.

I also had some plans for it involving a device which dispenses an OC bomb into the room, but I'm having some issues with the little air filtering device... it likes to suck the OC fumes back into the coffin, which makes you feel like you're in some sort of a factory where they process Jalapeño peppers in vast quantities. It gets a little "rough" inside there after you deploy an OC grenade. It didn't work too well, kinda like a smokeless ashtray that blows smoke in the wrong direction. Speaking of which, I need to rig that up too, so I can smoke cigars inside the coffin and have air pressure which will blow the smoke out.

-Mike

I get around the MA safe storage laws by sleeping inside a secure container, it's a metal coffin with a bed inside that can only be opened from the inside normally. The steel protects up to .308 Win AP. I have a camera and a small LCD screen so if I hear someone coming I can turn it on to see what's going on out there. There is also a small gun port from which I can aim one of my pistols through. In case of emergency I push a button and the coffin will stand itself up via a hydraulic cylinder operating off a charged pressure tank. This enables me to sleep laying down but in the event of an attack the coffin will "stand" so I can more easily assess any threats, and fire back if needed, but I really only would have to shoot at home invaders who have blowtorches or plasma cutters. I will tell you one thing, that sucks though, if one of the home invaders shoots at the coffin the noise of that bullet bouncing off the steel is very loud. I keep a set of earmuffs in there in case one of the douchebags tries to use it as target practice while I am still inside. That usually is not a problem because you just fire a few rounds off through the gun port and that scares em off. Criminals do not like target enclosures that fire back. [wink] One problem with this design is it's not revolver friendly. The "noise" that comes out of the cylinder gap would be deafening, so the gun port is really limited to use of bottom feeders.

-Mike

http://www.switched.com/2008/03/28/safe-bed-resists-natural-disasters-terrorist-attacks-while-yo/

Fine you got me. I stole your napkin. Kinda gross really. There was a booger on it.

I added an electronic defense system to mine - runs a current along the skin of the coffin. The cat doesn't like it though. The occasional cat-yelp and a thud is a good confirmation that it's working. Poor kitty.

Last edited:
I'm not limited by any steenkin' storage laws.

Current piece is an AR, an M4 clone, at that.

Next in the rotation will probably be an M1 Garand.

Home invasions in the area aren't a real smart thing to do., but the rifles are there mostly for critter control.

Of course, in my hat (nearby) is a nice Applegate/Fairbairn folding knife. Makes for a quiet back up. (Don't believe it, the REAL back up is the g/f with a 1911A1 or her own AR.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom