• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NICS down?

It's back up. I just successfully ran a check. It took a while to get the final status, but nevertheless. We have a large gun show in town today as well. Things that make one say "hmmmm?"

Yep! Our local gun shop is experiencing it as well. Picking up our purchases on Thursday Unfortunately can't get back any sooner.

That makes it even more irritating, then. I had to go back to the store because I was getting no love from the guy behind the counter and had to get the GF home.

That makes it even more irritating, then. I had to go back to the store because I was getting no love from the guy behind the counter and had to get the GF home.

Ok this might need a rewrite...[rolleyes]

This^

Now that we know for sure that Comey is in the bag for the dems, Barry tells him to shut down NICS on the weekends, knowing full well that's when all the gun shows take place.

I had a weird experience on Monday. I was buying a shotgun and got delayed (being after 5PM, I wasn't super surprised). At this point I gave up on it, figuring I would need to come back in 3 days, and I sent the kid to the back to look for ammo. We were talking for about 10 minutes when he looked over at the NICS check screen which he left up and it moved me from delayed to approved. So I was delayed for about 20 minutes, and I can't understand why they even bothered to slap a delay on it.

I had a weird experience on Monday. I was buying a shotgun and got delayed (being after 5PM, I wasn't super surprised). At this point I gave up on it, figuring I would need to come back in 3 days, and I sent the kid to the back to look for ammo. We were talking for about 10 minutes when he looked over at the NICS check screen which he left up and it moved me from delayed to approved. So I was delayed for about 20 minutes, and I can't understand why they even bothered to slap a delay on it.

could have bee they were backed up, or they saw something similar on a prohibited person, but were able to resolve the issue quickly.

I swear this forum turns the most banal things into conspiracies and micro aggressions.....

This is why the law should be proceed by default when it's down. I bet it would not die as easily.

I was told the problem was intermittent, and they had no idea what was going on.... that was before 11am i think. Had been trying all day and by 3pm, I couldn't even log into the system, same thing at 4 pm, same at 5pm.
What a mess.....

Back
Top Bottom