• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nics Denial

I'm new to this and posting on forums please bear with me.

I petitioned the courts for restoration of my firearms. It was granted stating my gun rights were FULLY restored. 10 Days later I called the State records to ensure my records were updated and they were. I went and bought a shotgun got delayed which I fully expected but went to proceed a few days later. Fast forward a couple weeks I decide I wanted to get a handgun. In MN we have to get a permit to purchase a hand gun and a different one if we want to carry said handgun. I got my permit to purchase from the local PD. Went to a FFL to get my handgun was delayed then denied 3 days later. After waiting weeks on end for the real reason for the denial and file an appeal which is denied . The reason for denial is that I'm a prohibited persons because MN State law says I am not eligible for the carry conceal permit(which I didn't even apply for) as I know I can't have that permit for a few more years. MN law however say I can posses any gun that I want. Does anyone know if the denial is valid or not. How do I get the FBI to relook at it again pointing them to the right state statue? I've emailed them and they have stopped responding.

Welcome!

Lots of people here know LOTS of ways to answer your question... in Massachusetts. Or Rhode Island. Or Maine. Maybe even Connecticut, places like that. But Minnesota... I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that a number of the responses here will just be well-meaning guesses.

So you probably shouldn’t trust much that people tell you here. Nobody means to mislead you and everyone wants to give you hope, but most of us really don’t know.

Good luck!

Im mainly looking to see if there is a federal law that says something about if are restricted to certain state restrictions on certain guns or places a state law says certain persons with such such offense can never have a carry conceal permit does federal law interpret that as banning all guns?

Im mainly looking to see if there is a federal law that says something about if are restricted to certain state restrictions on certain guns or places a state law says certain persons with such such offense can never have a carry conceal permit does federal law interpret that as banning all guns?
at the federal level do not they just run your name thru a database of prohibited persons?

This is far too vague for anyone to answer accurately. Anything is possible if you have money but you’re going to have to ask your lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom